Performance MODS RECOMMENDED EFI BIKE

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I'd follow Mike's suggestions and just contact the tpusa folks. Or check with your Oz equivalent down there.

Hey enjoy all the sunshine today - we're having the Dark Times up here!

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Ok guys I have ordered the NARK Kit from triumphperformanceparts here in oz and will install this mod, I have also ordered the ecm lead (my christmas present) so I can upload the appropriate map to my little bonny cheers all and thanks for your help. I noticed that the mob here also sell the cams maybe a future project, need to go on holidays work is doing my head in cheers and thanks once again, all have a safe and extreamly fun christmas and new years, kindest regards Ben

sportyone

Street Tracker
Ok guys I have ordered the NARK Kit from triumphperformanceparts here in oz and will install this mod, I have also ordered the ecm lead (my christmas present) so I can upload the appropriate map to my little bonny cheers all and thanks for your help. I noticed that the mob here also sell the cams maybe a future project, need to go on holidays work is doing my head in cheers and thanks once again, all have a safe and extreamly fun christmas and new years, kindest regards Ben

Ben mate,
those guys just sell pretty much what they get in or you can get urself from the states,
but their prices are fairly high, sort of normal plus their shipping & the cost of shipping from the states too, I think. I might be wrong ?

don't think they would have stock of cams etc though, most items when you order they buy in from the US as required. :cya:
hence the up to 14 days delivery etc.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Just checked the prices mate and you are 100% correct mate, I think I will stick with the airbox mod and a new map. Following all the advice I have got and greatly appreciate I might save my penny's and do this down the track. I guess its a choice of how far one wants to go with regard to performance, but I know it ends up with big bucks vs 1-2hp gains towards the end. So I think I will focus on the easy cheaper stuff with the best gains first and I might just end there, but who knows? Cheers all and thank you for all of your advice, have a MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR, kindest regards Ben Dickens

dogman

Scooter
Have an 06 bonnie and am in the process of adding nitrous, have about 600$ in the hardware and am anticipating around 40hp gains ,buddy has system hooked to the horn button on his zx-10 and set the system conservative has around 35k on the motor and what started out occasional use has turn into purchasing a nitrous fill station for the house.

mikenva

Rocker
Have an 06 bonnie and am in the process of adding nitrous, have about 600$ in the hardware and am anticipating around 40hp gains ,buddy has system hooked to the horn button on his zx-10 and set the system conservative has around 35k on the motor and what started out occasional use has turn into purchasing a nitrous fill station for the house.
nitrous and cast pistons are not a good mix.Good luck with that.

I would not do a 40hp shot on a stock motor. Like Mike said, the cast pistons aren't meant for that kind of force.

Also, with the stock con-rods, you don't want to go much over 90hp. A stock bike with good pipes, pod filters, etc, is easily pushing 60-65hp. A 40 shot on top of that would get you around 100hp, which could bend a rod.

I'd feel ok doing a 15-20hp shot, 30 max, but 40 is pushing it.
I hope it goes well for you, and you don't grenade your motor.

sportyone

Street Tracker
I would not do a 40hp shot on a stock motor. Like Mike said, the cast pistons aren't meant for that kind of force.

Also, with the stock con-rods, you don't want to go much over 90hp. A stock bike with good pipes, pod filters, etc, is easily pushing 60-65hp. A 40 shot on top of that would get you around 100hp, which could bend a rod.

I'd feel ok doing a 15-20hp shot, 30 max, but 40 is pushing it.
I hope it goes well for you, and you don't grenade your motor.

+1 to that,

"what started out occasional use has turn into purchasing a nitrous fill station for the house."

sounds like he's sniffin the stuff Sweatmachine, JMO :shh:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Ok so now my head is done in the norman hyde bellmouth I have installed with a k&n airfilter is claimed to achieve between 6&8hp the ride is smooth and seems a bit quicker, especially high end rev wise more torque. The NARK kit I just bought arrived and having reading info on the RAT forum it is said a number of things must be done to attain around 11hp extra in combination with predator exhaust however the following must be done first see below. Is all this worth the effort for an extra gain of 3hp? Please note I have the Triumph Arrow Map 2-2 Installed and my bike is running good.

1- install The Nark Kit
2- Remove Computer and get Triumph to unlock it quoted 300 AUD for this
3- Install appropriate Map for the modification to airbox using TUNE ECU
4- Kiss my extended warranty goodbye cost 750 aud for 3 years

Is this worth it and have I been informed correctly I am really confused and wish my bike was a Carb version it would be so much easier. Thanks for your time and efforts I really appreciate your feedback cheers Ben Dickens

sportyone

Street Tracker
Delete number 2.

You don't need to unlock the ECM when using TuneECU.

does a NARK really give 11HP ? :d

or is that just on EFI motors ?

Mike, are you still open for receiving igniters for adjustment, or when are you

back on deck ? :chin:

thanks cheers,

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
And is that in addition to the 8hp from the bellmouth?

Maybe the horses are a lot smaller down under?

He He I think u guys are funny that is what is claimed but I would prefer the direct info from you guys, sale's claims are one thing and actual is another and yes the airbox kit with predators and the appropriate map should obtain 11hp. Check out the rat forum that is what is said but I am unsure and it seems like a lot of work and a concension of my extended warrenty so I am a little concerned! Can you guys aleviate my concerns so I know exactly what I am dealing with so I can make a educated decision. :snack::poke: Cheers Ben

PieMan

Two Stroke
So it looks like going from TORs to Preds gets another 3hp at the top end? And maybe as much as 5hp around 6500-7000 rpm?

Similar results for a carb'ed bike? Does that require getting a custom ignitor? I like the looks of my TORs (and like $600 in my pocket) too much to get Preds, just for 3hp, but I might as well be getting the most bang for my TORs, right?

BlueJ, the top end figures are 1.5-2bhp lower on carb bikes due to the OEM throttle bodies flowing better than the OEM carbs. Having your igniter tweeked helps from mid range through to the rev limiter.

The 3bhp open pipes have over TORS at the top end is a tiny part of the story. Look at the area on the torque dyno between 2.5k and 5k, that is the rev range we use most on our bikes and the boost in power there is really noticeable when riding. :D

PieMan

Two Stroke
does a NARK really give 11HP ? :d

or is that just on EFI motors ?

Mike, are you still open for receiving igniters for adjustment, or when are you

back on deck ? :chin:

thanks cheers,

865 Carb with open pipes and DNA pods = around 67bhp
865 EFI with open pipes and DNA pods = around 69bhp

It may be 11bhp, it depend where you start from.

Ian, I'm always open to receive igniters. :beer:

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Ok mike so in light of that what is the stock HP on an EFI Bike such as mine and in your well educated opinion is it worth doing. I have also purchased a set of hotwires and nology plugs etc. Am I going to notice a difference to stock with the bellmouth and predators? Cheers I look forward to your reply mate it is awsome to have an outlet where I can find the true answers, I appreciate all of your advice guys.

These are the specs I could find.

Displacement: 865.00 ccm (52.78 cubic inches)
Engine type: Twin, four-stroke
Power: 68.00 HP (49.6 kW)) @ 7500 RPM
Torque: 69.00 Nm (7.0 kgf-m or 50.9 ft.lbs) @ 5800 RPM
Bore x stroke: 90.0 x 68.0 mm (3.5 x 2.7 inches)
Fuel system: Injection. Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection
Fuel control: DOHC
Cooling system: Air
Gearbox: 5-speed
Clutch: Wet. multi-plate

To answer the above querie on bellmouth plus airbox removal this is not possible as the bellmouth is a fabricated piece that fits in the inlet of the airbox to generate more
air flow so you can not have both in my limited knowledge base.

Kindest regards Ben Dickens

Last edited:

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I have also purchased a set of hotwires and nology plugs etc. Am I going to notice a difference to stock with the bellmouth and predators?

Nope.

bellmouth is a fabricated piece that fits in the inlet of the airbox to generate more
air flow so you can not have both [that and airbox removal]

That is correct. There was an endless thread on RAT a few years ago about whether that bellmouth did anything whatsoever that would be noticable at the rear wheel. As I recall, the consensus was, not really - *maybe* 1-2 hp if you also removed the snorkel and added free-flowing pipes.

The whole system works together - doesn't make any sense (other than aesthetic) to add free-flowing pipes if you're going to keep the airbox intact. Removing the airbox and using free-flow pipes and rejetting will get you about 6-8hp on a carbed bike. As PieMan says, with better airflow in the throttle bodies, add 1-2hp on an EFI with a remap. That gets us to 7-10hp, PieMan reports 11hp but that's up at the increased redline of 8K, as I recall.

Still, 7-10hp is a solid 10+% increase over stock, so you'll notice it.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Attention Mike - Had a view of your maps today while I had a spare second and will most definately purchase one of you if/when I install the Nark. Do I also need to complete an AI removal too, if so I will have to order a kit. With regard to the gain of possibly 11hP is it really that noticeable? Will I ride and have the WOW factor considering I ride in a normal fashion with the occasional lapse that we all have now and again opening the throttle right up. Most of my riding will be in the normal rev range and not to redline. Is there also a difference between k&n and DNA pods as I see most of your maps mention them. Looking forward to recieving your response, I appreciate your help cheers Ben

(PLEASE NOTE I AM NOT YELLING JUST BECAUSE I AM USING CAPITALS THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE EASIER IN POINT FORM.)
Ps Who decided that capitals is yelling anyway in my job we are made to write in capitals maybe cos fireman r blind LOL.

1- AI REMOVAL YES/NO
2- DIFF BETWEEN DNA / K&N AIRFILTERS
3- WOW FACTOR INCREASE
4- BEST MAP NUMBER FOR MY SETUP 09 MAG WHEEL EFI FOR (AIRBOX REMOVAL/AI/PREDATORS)
5- Recommendations for anything else that doesn't cost a million I love my Bonne

WHAT INCREASE CAN I EXPECT? ALSO WILL IT BE SNATCHY ON THE THROTTLE CHEERS

Last edited: