ordered Ricors

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I got sucked in by Neuroboy's post that he was looking for a whole front end conversion and since I was inspired by his ambition and since I don't have that much ambition at all.....

I knew there was a thread about those Ricor devices that are supposed to give your forks a better input so I ordered a set. At a 50% discount (type in Triumph), they seem to be a bargain.... if they work.

I'm just hoping that the forks will have a better response than the current "clunk" when I ride over a pothole etc.

Anybody else bite the bullet and order these things and do they work?

simpson

TT Racer
Have mine in hand. Hoping to install them tomorrow.

Will report on them, but I ain't the most technical guy.

-simpson

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Technical guy or not, the true test is running the bike on rough surfaces and seeing if the forks work better.:wave:

em_dot

Street Tracker
Yep. 1/2 price for the intimidators and ordered the 5W oil while I was at it. Had the dealer install them as they were putting on gators anyway. The difference is very noticable. Worth every penny.

I'm going to get a set of Progressive 440s shocks for the rear next month. My understanding is that they have the same ricor inertia technology as the intimidators.

Joel

ivar

TT Racer
From the Ricor thread over @ the other site, the 440's are using an older, less sopisticated tech. And that Ricor are coming with their own rear shocks *real soon* (whenever that may be)

em_dot

Street Tracker
From the Ricor thread over @ the other site, the 440's are using an older, less sopisticated tech. And that Ricor are coming with their own rear shocks *real soon* (whenever that may be)

I hear Ya' and read that thread as well, so I went to the Ricor website and used their "Contact Us" application to ask that very question, a few weeks ago... I got nothing. New product is probably still under wraps.

I think the 440s are still pretty damn good. Not sure how much I'd be giving up going with something else, but I'm going to wait a few weeks regardless. I've seen some nice prices for 440s on FleaBay though.

Ricors front. Hagons on rear. Transformed the ride/handling of my bike. I do hear what appears to be the valves working. Kinda a clicking sound as they compress and expand. I'm wondering if the oil level may need tweeking. Gonna try it tommorrow.

fender

Street Tracker
Ricors front. Hagons on rear. Transformed the ride/handling of my bike. I do hear what appears to be the valves working. Kinda a clicking sound as they compress and expand. I'm wondering if the oil level may need tweeking. Gonna try it tommorrow.

Similar setup Works shocks in rear and Ricors up front. Funny you mentioned the clicking as mine does that to. I was going to tear back into this winter so I'll be curious what you find with tweaking the oil level.

Like you said it does transform the bike handling wise.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I think the clicking sound of the Ricors is just the nature of the beast, I have the same sort of clicking sounds on my bicycles with inertia valving.

sidreilley

Scooter
Had my Ricors installed for about a month now and I find them well worth the money. The front is much more supple over rough pavement (very re-assuring in corners) but very resistant to dive on braking. I installed to the factory spec. of 120mm on the fluid level. Re-used the stock spacers without shortening for the length of the Ricors. I think if I had it to do over, I'd trim them .550 which is the length of the Intiminators as the front still feels a bit over sprung for me (but that depends on rider weight, etc.). Now to replace the rears with KYBs!

northcountry

Two Stroke
ricor

About ready to do the install, and do most 2 up so will also not cut spacers. Are you sure you want to install the KYB's, ricor may have shocks before long?

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
I installed to the factory spec. of 120mm on the fluid level.

What would be great is to know how much oil you put in each. Far easier to measure a quantity of oil and pour it in than to measure down inside the tube when you're not sure about the degree of compression, etc.

fender

Street Tracker
I got specs out of the manual of 484ccs of oil.

That sounds about right for stock but the Ricors take up some of the volume. I used almost a quart total so that would come out to just around 473cc per tube. Wish I would have measured the amount when I installed them.

koifarm

Hooligan
Okay...

Ok, I talked myself into a pair..

Mee too, does anyone know what the company advises as far as adjusting your spacers to accommodate the ricors?
I'm at 200# so what would be the best way for me to install them?
Shortened the length of the ricors or
Left stock?
Thanks gents...
koi

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Well, as far as I'm concerned what they say is what I'm gonna do. Drain fork oil, pull the springs out slip in the Ricors and reassemble.

dbacher06

Scooter
I have the Ricors in front as well. I did speak with them about rear shocks and they told me they are in development, but have no timelime yet. It will be a while they told me. I asked about pricing and they are not going to be cheap, they are going to be comparable to Ohlins, BiTubo's, etc... really high end, basically race shocks, well above $700.00 a set. Now we have to wait and see exact specs all across the board when they finally do release them.