NYC Motorcycle show

whyme

TT Racer
Went today. I have not been there in about 4 years. Pretty much the same thing. Saw the new Honda CB...ehh...it's OK, but no triumph. Looks like an 80s retro bike.
Saw Mike Wolf walking around, He was there for an Indian appearance. I walked up next to him and talked to him a bit. A little douchey though. I think he was mad because not that many people recognized him or gave a crap. Noticed that he was wearing make-up for a MC show appearance...kind of strange.
I was talking to Skratch for a bit about the work he was doing for Bell helmets. I didn't realize who he was or even knew his background...just thought it was a guy doing nice work on helmets. Real nice guy.

irishrider60

Scooter
I went yesterday and thought the show was smaller than last year, but all the major lines were there and well represented. I sat on the new Trophy and spent some time looking at the new Adventure bikes. It is great to see Triumph and some of the other OEMs adding new bikes to broaden their lines.

Given it was in the 20's yesterday in NYC, checking out some bikes and vendors made me wish February would move along quickly so we can get to Spring. I did notice a number of guys did ride to the show, which given the temperature and location, I have to say I was impressed.

drlapo

Hooligan
went on Saturday
good show overall
checked out the Honda 500s
the sporty model felt just like a Kaw Ninja 500; same size and ergonomics
does Honda know something Kawi didn't know?
the CB100 is nice enough
didn't care for the green Thruxton
still waiting for a colorfull Scrambler
KTM's exhibit was very good
no Triumph sign??
I asked the HD if they had a "normal" bike
he told me that the last time they had a normal bike was the Street Rod, it had normal pegs and a normal seat ; and it fell over many times at the show
he told me HD riders need a very low seat and center of gravity
that was from the HD guy!!!
at 63 I'm not old enough for a Harley yet

whyme

TT Racer
I walked in circles looking for the triumph spot! All others had a sign hanging from the ceiling, not Triumph.
I did score a free progressive t-shirt with a stop sign on it that had Flo's hair-do in it.

Craigore

TT Racer
my dad was on american pickers a few weeks ago. he met mike wolfe, said he was a pretty nice guy. the short fat guy on the other hand...