New Norton Commando Test Ride Video

koifarm

Hooligan
Why does the guy constantly hang his right leg out at an angle? Bad hip, wooden leg?
Nice machine, I'd rather have an older one though....already got one modern classic, don't want another.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
He''s hanging off a bit. I do that once in a while, the knee thing. I wouldn't mind 3 modern classics all together in my garage; Bonny, Ducati and Commando.

72320074831.jpg

Last edited:

MattRat

TT Racer
not bad...maybe it's the speakers on my computer, but that exhaust sounded like crap. Pretty bike, but I'd take a new bonnie and a restored classic Norton and have a couple grand left over.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Seriously, what is with that guy's leg?

The bike looks swesome. I would, if I had extra cash, pick one of those (these?) up in a minute, and I am not even a fan of Nortons.

But that exhaust sounds like crap...kinda like a OEM Bonneville...

Mofles

Scooter
for some reason the audio sound like someone hitting metal pieces together. Exhaust is crap though:eeek:

koifarm

Hooligan
Three way

He''s hanging off a bit. I do that once in a while, the knee thing. I wouldn't mind 3 modern classics all together in my garage; Bonny, Ducati and Commando.

72320074831.jpg

Jeeze Sal, it would drive you nuts trying to figure out which one to ride....:lol3:

At the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.$$ I've heard the Norton will be selling for, I'll remain satisfied with my Bonnie. It doesn't look like it performs a whole lot better than the new Bonnies.

KingBear

Hooligan
I don't care anything for the Norton, it looks like just another bike with a famous name and an old-fashioned logo.

sgt brad

Scooter
i think for the money i'd be more inclined to buy a duc sport like the dude's. the norton looks ok and i like it, but the price is retarded.

WaterTower

Scooter
The knee thing... That is a Racing technique for cornering. Mostly old school style but still effective for shifting you weight into the corner it also adds drag and pulls the bike in a bit.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Yeah - the knee thing is convenient because you don't have to slide off the seat.You need a little more weight out there in a hurry, you just stick the knee out.

The $18k price of the Norton makes it unlikely that I will get one, but it looks great to me.