Most miles in a day

Pat68

moped
This summer I did Dijon to Gloucester (UK) in one day. 566 miles (but about 25 of those were on the Channel Tunnel) so 541.

I'd had a few days in the saddle by then so the relevant muscle groups were trained up - didn't feel too bad by the end of the day.

Wondered if anyone here had done any long trips?

Cheers

Pat

marthruxton

Two Stroke
When I was young and stupid (or at least stupider than I am now)I rode from Canada to San Francisco over 1100 miles in 24 hours.
I had been on vacation for two weeks and really needed to get home to see my girlfriend . As I said, young and stupid. My bike was a 1976 KZ750.

TC_Dick

TT Racer
550 mi. or so is my single day best. Did 3500 miles or so over 2 weeks on a trip from seattle to mexico.

I got qualified with 1601 miles in 24 hours (BBG) with the iron butt association on my Suzuki GT750 two stroke .. The farthest I have ridden my 09 Bonnie is 850 miles in one day... But I am getting ready to ride my Triumph from Jacksonville beach FL to San Diego Ca. and have 50 hours to complete it.. My wife says that I should see how many miles I can put on it during the 2 year unlimited mile warranty.. :ride: Over 14k miles in 90 days so far.

Allen.......Rideaholic
IBA 21871

Last edited:

Kframe

Street Tracker
On the Bonneville, this past July - Findlay, OH to S.St.Marie, MI - 605 miles.

About 13 hours.

My butt wasn't sore, just overall plain tired.
Ready to do another 500 the next day, no sweat.
This was part of 2500 in 6 days.
Not a record amongst riders in general, but was my longest trip to date.

Whoever says you can't tour on the Bonneville is full of crap.

-K

Easy13

Street Tracker
I've done several 600-mile days on my old BMW, and one 450-miler on the Bonne. I'm still trying to get the seat right (for whatever reason, the stock seat, even with a gel pad insert and softer foam, still numbs my ass within 1 hour).

My all-time record was 447 miles in one day on my first real motorcycle: a '49 panhead hardtail chopper with the usual unsprung seat. I was sore for a week.

580 miles from Cherbourg to Toulouse (France) on non-motorways to see a mate who'd had a very serious accident. BMW 1100GS in 2004, took about 12 hours and I was still pretty fresh at the end.

600 miles from Le Havre to Briancon (France again) on an old H-D shovel Electraglide. Took 17 hours as the headlight failed, the front brake disc got stuck on and we got lost. Was completely knackered by the time we arrived.

Also did 2300 miles in a week around Europe in 1990 just after the Berlin wall came down. Too quick as we were on the road everyday and didn't allow enough time to see stuff. Was on an H-D Evo FXRS and it got nicked in Amsterdam. I was gutted!

Cheers,

Pikey.

xX05bonnieXx

Scooter
My brother and I did Bismarck, ND to Lakewood, CO in a day. Total of 739 miles. Him on his thruxton and me on my bonneville.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
LA to Denver in 18hrs, toughest part was hitting the mtn passes around midnight and getting sooo cold I had to stop for an hour or so and also had to plug up the oil cooler so the bike would run right.

A BMW R90S

Last edited:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
A few 500 milers before the nuts start to fall asleep no matter where I sit on the stock seat, eventually i'll get a different seat but first comes suspension, 904, carbs, paint, etc etc

ivar

TT Racer
500-something miles is enough for me.
After getting seat/suspension/handlebars/pegs sorted out, my body does fine but when the brains getting tired and I start losing concentration, I find it safest to call it a day.

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
The longest that I have done in one day was Nashville Tn. to Beech Island SC via backroads... About 550 miles and for the most part I was not in a real hurry... that is until it started getting dark and I had to push to get home before the deer started to come out to "play"...

Plenty of 400 mile days though...