My New Bonne SE 2009/SE & Accessories

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Thought I would post up some pics of my bike and some of the accessories I have put on her. I am new to the bike world and happy for some advice on future mods you guys think are worthy of doing. Thanks and enjoy the pics any comments are welcome, I plan to put a rear rack on sometime soon and also purchase some British Custom Predator Exhausts, I have also ordered a clutch cover and old school horn. All parts have been purchased from new bonneville and joker machine, by the way I live in Melbourne Australia and welcome any aus contacts down here..
:cheers::beer:

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THE ADDITION A SIXTY 8 WHITE CAM COVER?
:cya:

Attachments

• IMGP0561.jpg
    IMGP0561.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0565.jpg
    IMGP0565.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0676.JPG
    IMGP0676.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0771.jpg
    IMGP0771.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0782.JPG
    IMGP0782.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0839.JPG
    IMGP0839.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0776.JPG
    IMGP0776.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMGP0785.JPG
    IMGP0785.JPG
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

T-boy

Rocker
You've been a busy fellow...Nice lookin' ride, benj. Future mods? Maybe change out the mirrors after the Preds installation?

D9

Vendor
Nice SE... I sure do like that blue & white.
Also like the blue LED's in the clocks... cool.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Nice SE... I sure do like that blue & white.
Also like the blue LED's in the clocks... cool.

I bought them at www.newbonneville.com just be careful when installing them I accidentally broke the speedo km reset milage stalk. Not an expensive repair but none the less annoying. They are easy on the eyes when riding at night, although a little modern I am really happy with the results for something a little different. Also if you wish to get the red colour sometimes they can look pink like on my mates moto guzzi. Thanks for the nice comments.

:worthy:

So, inspired by the photo, I took apart the speedo on my Bonne and took out the bulb. It occurs to me that the replacement has to be a simple LED light with the appropriate fitting. Couldn't I get this somewhere else for less than $20?

This strikes me as one of those "replacement Kits" you buy from a vendor and when it arrives you open the box and find a 38 cent part that you could've bought anywhere, as long as you knew where to shop.

Anyone know where I could get a replacement "kit"?

Yeah I should've also said that I think your bike is awesome.

I hope you enjoy it as much as you should! I saw that color scheme at the dealer a little while after I bought my bike and was stunned by how nice it looks "in the flesh". Grats man!

So, inspired by the photo, I took apart the speedo on my Bonne and took out the bulb. It occurs to me that the replacement has to be a simple LED light with the appropriate fitting. Couldn't I get this somewhere else for less than $20?

This strikes me as one of those "replacement Kits" you buy from a vendor and when it arrives you open the box and find a 38 cent part that you could've bought anywhere, as long as you knew where to shop.

Anyone know where I could get a replacement "kit"?

Three WLEDx5 and one 74xHP3 from SuperBrightLEDs, will do your Bonneville/T100/Thruxton speedometer and tachometer.

whyme

TT Racer
Is that just for the speedo and tac? I have a Scram that I would like to make the oil warning light/high beam/turn signal brighter, or at least just the turn signal bulb. Which one fits those please? Do you use a color one or a white one?

thanks!

Last edited:

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
:wave:
I've got an Se also, How do you like the predators?

HAVEN'T GOT THEM YET, I was considering STAINTUNES but I like the note on the predators better check out youtube its a personal choice, but I think the finish is better both stainless. From what I gather its a choice on loudness at idle and at speed, style and off course $$$$$. I think the predators are worth the $$ they are 800 Aud from a guy in port macquary inclusive of postage where staintunes are 1200 Aud and I cannot justify the price difference for anything. Build quality is the same so I would prefer to spend the four hundred on something else hope this helps somewhat Ben.:shh: Also with regard to EPA Stuff the guy told me that they pass in sydney and I checked our EPA regs they are the same. Apparently they are not that noisey on idle nothing like harley pipes here is the link to the guy below. He owns a motorbike store and has installed hundreds without any issues. Or alternatively get them from british customs direct or www.newbonneville.com

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300366675423

Last edited:

redual

Scooter
Let us know when you get the preds fitted. I'll be interested in coming over and hearing them for real instead of through my rubbish pc speakers.

benjamindickens

Street Tracker
Let us know when you get the preds fitted. I'll be interested in coming over and hearing them for real instead of through my rubbish pc speakers.

NOT A DRAMA MATE MY NAME IS BEN AND MY EMAIL IS BELOW GIVE US YOUR DETAILS VIA EMAIL AND I WILL SEND YA BACK MY MOBILE AND STUFF AND LET YOU KNOW WHEN I GET THEM, WE COULD POSSIBLY GO FOR A RIDE SOMETIME IF YOUR INTERESTED ALL THE BEST BEN

[email protected]:headbang2:

roadscum

Scooter
Three WLEDx5 and one 74xHP3 from SuperBrightLEDs, will do your Bonneville/T100/Thruxton speedometer and tachometer.

That's just what I needed.... Thank You!!!

Do you have any info on brighter replacements for the indicator lights??

Regards, Paul

Last edited: