Miscellaneous Thoughts Deposit Box...

koifarm

Hooligan
Yea, what a trip hey?....friends from Canada(Barrie) called yesterday with news of the snow.....and here in North Florida, it's in the low 70's bright and sunny.....yesterday in the 90s....I love it!

Nick Morey

Rocker
koi, you got me to thinking:

RT1 - I'd love to move to Florida :)
RT2 - My exwife lives there :(
RT3 - There just ain't room for the both of us! :d

Flaco

750cc
Ok, in the "speak-easy" spirit, here is a thread to air any random thoughts, grumblings, enlightenments, etc., etc. ...

1st thought - I'm getting pretty sick of bad weather, leaves me here stuck in front of my computer.

2nd thought - I can't believe it's gonna snow again this week end.

3rd thought - This beer does taste good though!

Bad weather...
Stuck in front of the 'puter is not always good... (Modern "Boob Tube")
Play some music...
Shoot some photo's...
Read a book...

I know I should!

Allin...

KingBear

Hooligan
Antique store today, explaining to my 17-year-old daughter how a rotary-dial phone works. I don't feel old. So why am I? Or am I really? Think I'll take a nap.

whyme

TT Racer
I was just at my parents. They have a super mod-retro rotary phone where the cord pulls out of the wall. I taught the kids how to dial it today. It was the shit 40 years ago. still works too!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
RT 1 : All you coffee nuts here. . .well, I'm the resident coffee master I suppose.
RT 2 : Fuck i just want my damn forks in already so I can get shit powdercoated and start the f3 swap
RT 3 : Asahi Black. . .just had one. . outrageously priced but fuck me it is the best beer I've ever had.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
RT 1 Why put a set of (high quality) Jap forks onto a Triumph, when one can spend the rest of your life tinkering with the real thing to get the same result.

NSRT 1 : If i like to admit it or not I am a product of this generation where I want things done quickly, :loser:, however, I do see and value that point. I will never be done tinkering with the bike as a whole. Really a set of f3 forks that are in perfect shape that will get the job done for less $ than all the tinkering and before I go back to the track was too tempting to pass up.

RT 2 : Damn I made some good coffee, too bad I'm too lazy to make another cup.

RT 3 : Damn HPD for giving me the runaround well "off the record" you are a white male good luck getting a job spiel yet again

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
Hey I got a coffee grinder and an all glass coffee press. Wow!! Grinding your own coffe beans and pressing them in a jar of boiling water - I highly recommend this. The only way to brew.

Hey Sal,
You're right, the french press is the only way to go, providing you have some decent beans to start with. Make sure it's fresh. Roasted coffee is highly perishable. A good roaster will let you know when it was roasted. :cheers:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Louann Brizendine, author of "The Female Brain" writes in her book that men think about sex every 52 seconds.

51 seconds, no wait 49, ah shoot, 43 seconds left, no 40,39...

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Right now I am just using 8 O clock coffe beans you get at the supermarket. But I plan on going to some local coffe roasters and getting into other beans.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Oye it depends on what you like in a coffee as to what region you want your coffee to be from. Always go Arabica beans. For a more earthy or spice taste that lingers go with an asian pacific coffee, for a more exotic with sublte berry and citrus hints usually african coffees are the way to go, and if you want more acidic(bright) coffees with cocoa and nutty hints go with a latin american coffee. Kona is a stand alone that has many good different characteristics due to the volcanic soil it is grown in. Make sure the local roaster knows what they are doing. Look at their roasted beans and make sure they are smooth and oily. You don't want smooth with what looks like a little pock mark in the beans, this is a sign of too much heat being applied. Each region of bean is best roasted at a different time and temperature for peak flavor.