Miles per tank? Town riders.

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Hi all. I am just curious how many miles you are all getting before the reserve light comes on and how many miles you feel confident to ride on the reserve?

I am riding exclusively in town at the moment and seem to average 75-80 miles before reserve light comes on. This doesn't seem a hell of a lot but I do to use too many revs if you know what I mean.

I get confused when people talk mpg because of the difference between us and Uk gallons and because fuel Is sold in litres over here. This can you just let me know your miles per tank instead?

Thanks, I have an 08 efi bonnie.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I regularly get 110 miles until I switch to reserve, have'nt pushed the limit in reserve, I find a pump!

Bonafide

NBR founder
I am riding exclusively in town at the moment and seem to average 75-80 miles before reserve light comes on.

You have a reserve light? Is that a UK only or EFI feature? The only way to know you're out fuel on my bikes ... sputter - sputter ..."ahh shit, I'm passing someone" ... sputter, *twist to reserve* ... sput-spu-sp -brrrrraawwwwhhhhh ....

I usually get 110 with city riding only, 125 if I'm blasting the mountain roads. Maybe a little better if I was just cruise the hwy at a constant speed - which aint happening.

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Yeah I have a reserve light and no reserve switch. Must be a feature of the EFI bikes Given that it pops on without fail at about 75-80 miles just wondered what the max range the bike would be including reserve. No that I want to push my luck but because 75 miles isn't very far.

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Sorry I guess it isn't a reserve light but a simple fuel warning light. A time to fill up light but no fuel gauge. I guess I should check the manual.

grindal

Scooter
i usually go for a refill around 160 km/ 100 mile but when i forget i usually get also the .... sputtrs...sputtrs.... shit... where is the damn reserve switch....
this happens most of the time around 170km/105 mile or 180km/110 mile

mostly i go for short trips / city traffic 50km/h - 70km/h
i got no idea how much i can go on the reserve...

i usually go for a refill abouth 12liters / 3,17 us gallon

greetz

hankmarx

750cc
95 in town, 125 on the road, time after time. Never gone more than 30 miles on reserve, damn glad to see a station.

MOSES

750cc
'08 865 110-120 in the city. I never go long in town on Reserve.. Theres usually a gas
station close

JEnfield

Street Tracker
When my 07 was new it would get between 75 to 85 before I had to switch over. Break the engine in and it seems to get better with each tank full I am up to 105 to 110 miles now but thats 5000 miles into it.

Jimmy

teachnsurf

Scooter
On my EFI with town riding, the light comes on between 90-100 miles. It's quite different when I spend four hours on the back roads with very few starts and stop. I'm sure gunning off the line after every light doesn't help. Overall I'm ranging between 35-45 miles per gallon, depending on where I ride.

JEnfield

Street Tracker
You are correct at bike week we raced light to light and I got 57 miles and had to switch to reserve and head to the petrol station.

Jimmy

tchef

Scooter
07 T100. 110-115 mostly city.I think I could get more, but even at my age I can't help flogging it!