Let the hate begin...

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
I can't think of anything to hate about it except that it's not mine...
I like the looks of it with the shocks that are on it, but the longer shocks are goin to help the chain not hit the battery box.
Got any old dirt bikes layin around? That peice of plastic chain guide that wraps around the front of the swing arm will help out your battery box.

Looks awsome RB!

Looks rad Steve. Lookin forward to seeing at PIR. Here's a cut-n-paste I did a couple years ago.
IMG_1176F.jpg

Skeeter

Rocker
trhanks oregonthrux, now i can see what i was thinkin in my head of what a thrux wold look like ctretched... looks neat

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Looks totally badass. Everytime you show us an incarnation of your bike I think, jeez, it's fuckin perfect. Then you do another. Sweet!

loxpump

Rocker
I can't really hate anything someone does to their bike, just because I wouldn't do it to mine. It's their bike after all, but it does look good and seems to go well with your other mods. One thing, isn't it going to be harder to pop a wheelie now?

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Mean looking Ride

Sensational minimalistic looking machine.
:cool:
Kudos well & truly due, designing such a good looking bobber;
as well as touching the swingarm.
Would enjoy seeing some more images of the left side, front & back.

DandyDoug

750cc
I think it look cool, not my style but kudo's to you for having the balls and brains to put it together. How does the length effect handling in the twisties ?

rodburner

Rocker
Just got back from my handling test.My normal, run a hundred times, backroad ride. My bike before,had ultra quick steering,requiring lots of input to follow a line through a corner,as in always wanting to turn in steeper and tighter as I went around. The new setup only responds to the bar input given.No more or less,it just goes around without drama. The corners were taken at the same speeds as before,only just where I wanted it to go..The ride on the freeway though,is much smoother and steady.A passing semi will barely push the bike off line.I like it.

D9

Vendor
Some interesting things happening in the latest iteration...

The whole bike looks longer & lower - more so than perhaps it should with a lengthened swingarm, but the greater angle of the rear shocks, the minimalized
seat/vestigial rear fender, the narrowed tank, and the long, narrow low-profile headllamp are all working together well & creating some really good lines. I generally really dislike extended swingarms that cause the rear wheel to be completely out of alignment with the rear fender, in this case as the fender is so minimal it's not an issue, and the rear tire/fender relationship is cool... having spent some time studying the pic, I find the overall effect pleasing... from
a design standpoint, everything's pretty well balanced, major & minor components & their respective negative spaces playing happily together... and it's still unmistakably a Bonneville.

The one change I think I'd want to see would be better alignment between the
bottom of the tank and the bottom of the seat.

Good work Steve!

Cheers,

D9

Last edited:

rodburner

Rocker
Thanks Seth. Feel free to forward your ideas about the seat/tank lines.A new fiberglass tank is on the horizon anyway and input from a designer would be great.

Two Stroke
It looks like shit!
Now sell the stretched arm to me and don't ever hack on it again-dumbass!

Just kiddin...looks cool. I bet I could launch it harder and faster than you!

DIRK

750cc
FRAKIN WAY ASS NICE. so what wheels ar these. did ya have to change axle bits. thanks for sharing your vision wit us lesser mortals. ahahaaa