Let the hate begin...

rodburner

Rocker
Been mulling this mod over for nearly 2 months now,thinking,measuring,second guessing etc,and after this last week of fucking rain,I grew a pair and just did it. The new 530 chain and sprockets,oh,and a 3 inch stretch to the swingarm. Still need to get some longer shocks [an inch or so,which would be stock Bonnie length],but its on the road now and just needs some minor tweaks to set the handling up. Anyway,let the shit storm start,I can take it.
jeris428.jpg

:fight:

Skeeter

Rocker
i like it, was talkin to my freind about how neat it would look to see a stretched swing arm on a thruxton.

Gretsch

Rocker
I like it! I've always been a fan of the bobber look. Very unique. I like the tank badges too. That style looks great on your bike.

hankmarx

750cc
Wow! Scratch your own itch, Rodburner. i love the diversity on this site and have watched your bike mutate for a while. Thanks for posting pics!

I love the stretched swing arm. I was just talking to a friend the other day about a '70s Bonnie that I had a picture of with one. We discussed whether it would look cool on a new one and guess what? It does!!! (...but you already knew that!)

:rockon:

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
I don't care for the "bobber" or "old school" look but you've done something very unique. It's not something I would do but I like it and I can appreciate it!

Last edited:

koifarm

Hooligan
Looks pretty good to me, not that I'd do that but you have done a wonderful job there!!
I'm wondering, what would the extended swing arm do to the trail.
since I'm putting on a sidecar, trail becomes an issue for handling the combo. The reason most car drivers add the extension on the front forks is to reduce trail, would a longer swingarm work?

Nick Morey

Rocker
Nice job rodburner! I think it looks good and really fits your bike. I really admire the work you do. What do you expect on the handling side? Seems as though the ride should be a bit more stable and smooth, just curious. Thanks for posting. :rockon:

Delbert

Two Stroke
All I can say is DAMN FUCKING WOW. That looks better than I was expecting when you described it. Looks much better than those stretched limosport bikes and all the farkles.
Del

I think it looks fanfuckingtastic

well said, +1!

Looks really good Steve!

ok, I have some imput for ya (not that you asked)
-some big UNI filters would look great w/ your open look
-ever think about painting the carbs and intake manifolds black?
-I think your front turn signals would look better below the headlight rather than above
-maybe black out the oil cooler too?

Those are minor details, the overall package looks great. I think this was a great mod for your bike.

how's it handle?

rodburner

Rocker
well said, +1!

Looks really good Steve!

ok, I have some imput for ya (not that you asked)
-some big UNI filters would look great w/ your open look
-ever think about painting the carbs and intake manifolds black?
-I think your front turn signals would look better below the headlight rather than above
-maybe black out the oil cooler too?

Those are minor details, the overall package looks great. I think this was a great mod for your bike.

how's it handle?
First off,thanks for all the input,good or bad.The short ride I took with the 12-1/2" Progressives on there,rode very smoothly.The handling slowed down a bit,but is only noticeable at slower speeds.My bike was very "quick" steering before,so this is a desirable side effect for me.
The shorty shocks did point out a couple quirks that I need to take care of,first with longer shocks and second with a couple more mods. The chain grinds the bottom of the battery box when the top run straightens out upon acceleration and the kickstand mounting boss grounded out on a pretty bumpy left turn.Both are fixable.
I could paint the cooler,no problem,so...
The blinkers are on P clamps,again,no problem.They disappear when slid down parallel to the headlight..
I thought about polishing the intake tract,but not doing black yet.
And I have dreamed about a 2into1 "airbox" manifold,exiting out right,into a custom made airfilter housing.
I won`t even start with the under seat exhaust system I built in my head this morning,at 4:00am while drinking coffee on my porch.:eeek:

slowgator

750cc
Kudos!

Rod: FWIW, that is one of the baddest-ass modded Bonnies I have ever seen! (With all due respect to Sweat) Aesthetically, it is an excellent study in contrasts while remaining mono-chromatic. My hat is off to you Bud!

REVOLT

Street Tracker
Holy Shit...Rod...Holy Shit...

Any chance I'll get to ride this set up this year at P.I.R.?

Again...Way too Fucking Kool!:headbang2: