"La Poderosa" - My 2004 Bonneville-Based Desert Sled - New Mexico

In order to finance other motorcycle projects I must offer for your consideration my 2004 Triumph Bonneville-based street-legal 904cc Desert Sled. Its name is La Poderosa, which translates as "The Mighty One". This name is in homage to the stalwart 500cc Norton single of the same name which carried Ernesto "Che" Guevara and his friend Alberto Granado thru many an adventure during their journey the length of South America in 1952, as portrayed in the 2004 film "The Motorcycle Diaries".

A new Triumph Scrambler has a MSRP of $9,099. Thanks to the many and costly upgrades detailed below, La Poderosa the Desert Sled is much faster and much better handling on pavement or dirt than any new Triumph Scrambler!

I have well over $12,000 in this bike but my I asking price is only $7,500. For that price you get everything detailed below, plus all the original parts taken off, a tank full of premium ethanol-free gasoline, the Triumph Official Shop Manual for the 2004 Bonneville/T100 and Bonneville America, and help with arranging for shipping or lots of help with a fly-&-ride, including pickup @ the Albuquerque Sunport, arranging lodging if necessary, and facilitating your departure from the Land of Enchantment by the most scenic route.

If you want La Poderosa for less I'll keep the Corbin and Norman Hyde Solo Seats for separate sale and drop the price to $6,500. I am also open to full or partial trades that involve a large displacement Thumper, Norton Commando, pre-Hinckley Triumph, or a BMW Airhead.

I bought La Poderosa in June 2005 @ PJ's Triumph of Albuquerque. All of the major upgrades have been done by them. La Poderosa currently has exactly 18,800 miles on it, but that will increase as it is my only two-wheeler and the Southwest's Riding Season is full upon us.

Here I shall detail the many upgrades it has accrued over the almost exactly 10 years I've had the pleasure of being its rider.

British Customs 904cc Big-Bore Kit (Now Unobtainium)

British Customs Airbox Deletion Kit

British Customs Monza-Type Gas Cap

Bella Corsa “Super” Fork Gaiters

Bella Corsa Headlight Grill

Bella Corsa Steering Dampener

KNL Xtra Low, Cleated Footpegs

Thunderbike Complete High Exhaust System (Now Unobtainium)

Thunder bike Awesome Sump and Cases Guardplate (Now Unobtainium)

Triumph Scrambler Front and Rear Fenders

Triumph Chrome Grab Rail

Triumph Centerstand

Triumph Tachometer & Speedo+Tachometer Control Panel

Triumph Scrambler Right Side Panel

Triumph Garden Gate Tank Badges

Triumph Kneepads

Triumph Tank Pad (For protection vs. belt buckles and the like.)

Triumph “Off Road Only” Mufflers with Custom Stainless Steel Header Pipes for a Complete and Quieter Exhaust System than the Thunderbike Exhaust System Currently Installed

Triumph Fly Screen Matches Bike’s Color

Triumph 30mm Handlebars Risers

Triumph Bonneville-Specific Tank Bag

Triumph Solo Seat with Parcel Rack

Stainless Steel Front Brake Hose

Premium Front Disc Brake Pads

NEW Corbin Leather Lower Solo Seat with Parcel Rack

Norman Hyde Solo Seat

Norman Hyde Desert Sled Wide Handlebars and all the Control Cables/Hoses/etc. the bars required.

NEW LED Taillight and LED Turnsignals

NEW DID Drive Chain

NEW Triumph New Countershaft and Rear Wheel Sprockets

Newish Heidenau K-60 Tires - About 60% of the tread remains, maybe more, maybe less.

NEW Progressive Suspension Rear Shocks

Race-Tech Gold Valves and Springs in Front Forks

NEW PIAA 500Hz Sports Horn

Smart-charger Connector Cable

NEW Battery, Premium Fluids/Filter Change and Dyno-Tune on 4/4/2015 @ the Triumph Dealership.

La Poderosa resides for now in the Greater Albuquerque Area, but will be prowling the paved and unpaved byways of The Land of Enchantment throughout the Summer of '15.

Here are a few pics of La Poderosa. If you send me your email I will send back to you several bigger and better ones.

Attachments

• Bonnie01.jpg
    Bonnie01.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Bonnie02.jpg
    Bonnie02.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Bonnie03.jpg
    Bonnie03.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Bonnie04.jpg
    Bonnie04.jpg