It's alive

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
I keep reading about jet sizes and a reference to " 2 turns out , 3turns out ???" What is this referring to? Is it air screw? I was under the impression it was how the jets were installed, but they are snugged down tight.
I installed the Nark equivalent box yesterday and installed the supplied jets( My first ever, I was quite proud of myself) 142/45 . Is there a suggested adjustment I should perform to optimize modification?
Kit also came with two hoses to be connected to carb and intake nipples. Are these the nipples that are under the black caps from the factory, and if so is it carb to carb and intake to intake? I tokk a pic but internet is screwing up right now so can't post. All seems great but wanted to check. Thanks fellas.
Only problem I am having is the constant hard on I get when I ride it now.
IT'S ALIVE:headbang2:

Vendor
I keep reading about jet sizes and a reference to " 2 turns out , 3turns out ???" What is this referring to? Is it air screw? I was under the impression it was how the jets were installed, but they are snugged down tight.
I installed the Nark equivalent box yesterday and installed the supplied jets( My first ever, I was quite proud of myself) 142/45 . Is there a suggested adjustment I should perform to optimize modification?
Kit also came with two hoses to be connected to carb and intake nipples. Are these the nipples that are under the black caps from the factory, and if so is it carb to carb and intake to intake? I tokk a pic but internet is screwing up right now so can't post. All seems great but wanted to check. Thanks fellas.
Only problem I am having is the constant hard on I get when I ride it now.
IT'S ALIVE:headbang2:

2 turns out should do it for you.
The grey hoses will connect from carb to carb, intake to intake, then just have fun!

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
So it is air screws on OUTSIDE of carbs. Screw em all the way in, then two turns out? And I am correct with the black capped nipples. And enjoying it I most definitely am. Also put a superbar on at the weekend. What a :rocks:riot
Wanna be sure.
I also put the cans on without the airbox removed and went for a good ride and it was louder than it is now the box and jetting is done.:huh: This is a good thing cause it was crazy loud at first:chair: Why would this be?

Vendor
So it is air screws on OUTSIDE of carbs. Screw em all the way in, then two turns out? And I am correct with the black capped nipples. And enjoying it I most definitely am. Also put a superbar on at the weekend. What a :rocks:riot
Wanna be sure.
I also put the cans on without the airbox removed and went for a good ride and it was louder than it is now the box and jetting is done.:huh: This is a good thing cause it was crazy loud at first:chair: Why would this be?

Yes you are correct screws are under the float bowls, all the way in, then 2 turns out, then ride the bike in second gear nice and easy roll on up to 4000 RPM's, release the throttle. if the Dominators pops, then open another 1/4 turn and re test, until no pops in the overrun.
You are correct about the nipples like I said in the previous post.
About the cans louder with the stock box in, is basically because you opened the exhaust and have the intake restrict, then is mopre volume in the exhaust.
With ABEK removed you also has a nice roar in the intakes as well, then intake and exhaust volumes are more balanced.
I hope this help.
PS: I also answer your post about the 17" swap front conversion.
If you need more details e-mail me @
[email protected]

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
They are underneath the carbs... to adjust them you need a "D tool" or a homebrew equivalent, and you'd be pointing that tool straight up to use it properly. Look at the picture on page 9 of Jenk's Guide, that is a view of the carb body with the float bowl removed, from below looking up. On the left side of that picture you can see the part of the carb that leads to the intake manifold, and right at the base of that is a cylindrical hole with a funky screw in it called "Pilot (Idle) Mixture Screw". That's the thing you're looking for. You don't need to remove the float bowls to get to the screw.

If he lives in Florida...he should be riding now...Period.:)

I went for a 200 mile ride today... just amazing. Saw another Bonnie on the road... my first time passing one. He didn't wave but he was probably as shocked as I was.

The real shame with A1A is that you can't get up to 80mph without attracting some attention with the fuz :(

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Thanks Blue. If I don't use the .22 shell where is the tool available.
I ride at least every weekend all year long, when I'm working, through the week quite a lot too. We ride in the Ocala forest a lot of the time and saw the first Bonnie two weeks ago, and I was riding my other bike. That makes "two" I've seen on the road, ever.