I could have been killed

Kirkus51

Hooligan
+1 on the steering damper Thruxie!

And.... as a guy who plied the Hwys & Biways of this great land for 10 years with my great dog. 99.9% of drivers out there just want to get where they're going without any hassle. The big problem is they want to get there as fast as possible and they'll just about run over anybody and anyone in their way. Only once have I had a guy pull a gun on me and he tried to shoot my tires out. I'm guessing he had a .38 or a .22 cuz all the bullet did was bounce off the tire.

My #1 rule is never make eye contact and let em go by. make a mental note of the plate if you can and call the cops to report the driver.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Be careful out there. Crazy people everywhere.

Don't think you have to give 'em the finger, I got chased down for innocently passing on a double yellow..next thing I know the cage goes " Dukes of Hazzard" on me.

KingBear

Hooligan
Hey Thruxie, this is your second publicized altercation in less than eight weeks. Last time it was your neighbor, this time it's just a random asshole on the road. Have you always been a magnet for this sort of character? :confused:

koifarm

Hooligan
observation

Hey Thruxie, this is your second publicized altercation in less than eight weeks. Last time it was your neighbor, this time it's just a random asshole on the road. Have you always been a magnet for this sort of character? :confused:

Interesting take KingBear, it is a recognizable problem although I don't by any means think the most recent incident would increase the statistics in her case at all.
Road rage is getting more prevalent these days, Thruxie is lucky she got off as easy as she did, some of these sociopaths out there are really wingy and will get a gun and get stupid with it.
The best possible thing you can do in that situation is run like hell away from he/she/it and take cover when it's gone and remember the tag number if you can.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
"this is your second publicized altercation.."

.... third if you count the deliberate running into the mc and confrontation at the women sport bike rider rally.

Sorry.

I'd love to get on the mailing list for that event by the way, purely for my interest in sport bikes of course!

Mahart

Two Stroke
I have heard of others that have had guns waved at them while biking or driving. I carry. If someone pulls on me they better fire before I draw, because I don't get it out unless I plan on using it.

thruxiegirl

TT Racer

The neighbor was annoying, not scary. Big difference between not wanting to date the Guy and allow him to walk trough my yard. He called animal control, not try and kill me. :pick:

No I'm not a drama magnet, although I learn all my lessons the hard way. I'm glad to be alive.

Last edited:

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
"this is your second publicized altercation.."

.... third if you count the deliberate running into the mc and confrontation at the women sport bike rider rally.

Sorry.

I'd love to get on the mailing list for that event by the way, purely for my interest in sport bikes of course!

Ya well that girl was being a Bitch and she knew it! Since her change in jobs and break up with her boyfriend we get along great. :motorbike2:

Iceseven

750cc
"doing a McQueen over a bridge at high speed"

I like this saying!

Whenever I run into crazy drivers I make sure to not try to enrage them (especially at a disadvantage of being on a bike) but I do get their license plate number and call it in. I was hit in the back of my Jeep and when I pulled over to check for damage the lady took off, I caught her plate number and the police did pay her a visit, I had no damage but they went anyway and were glad to.

My view is to let the police handle any problem like that, people are just too wired nowadays with the stress of the economy and everything else and things can really escalate.

Glad your ok!

KingBear

Hooligan
Ice is absolutely right. Your own rage can get you killed just as easily as a reckless motorist can. And remember that unlike Thruxie's experience here, most of the stupid things people do are the result of being thoughtless and absent-minded, not aggressive. If people hunted me down every time I was a bonehead behind the wheel I'd have to hire six Blackwater guys full time to protect me.

He'll get his someday. Maybe pull that gun thing on the wrong person and get his head blown off instead. It happens!
-gremmann-
My other toy is a V-8 Gremlin, you don't think I take some crap............lol

Oxblood

750cc
I have heard of others that have had guns waved at them while biking or driving. I carry. If someone pulls on me they better fire before I draw, because I don't get it out unless I plan on using it.

That's why we all need to learn and shoot left handed so we can hit em from our bikes! :rock:

--Oxblood