header wrap....smokinnnnnn

nohawk

Rocker
LMT, I dont remember a picture of your bike but it is very slick. I think the now lack of de-cell popping is due to the exhaust canistor change. Does it sound very different? As far as the wrap I like the look of it on some bikes and cars and I think someone once told me that it was for heat transfer to the cyl.head???

nohawk

Rocker
Oh yeah do you know what the bike your used Preds came off of? Your bike is more likely to have blown out some packing on your Dominators,988,stroked,slide carbs etc. Your bike is pretty built, your popping may come back after using the Preds for a while. Again your bike is the slickness:eeek:

strokerlmt

Thx Nohawk......I always liked the sound of the dominators......now I like the sound of the predators.......similar but a little different. I think the preds are not as harsh. The bike runs real smooth without the cross over and with teh preds. We shall see if the down shifting popping comes back.
All the best
LMT

Mofles

Scooter
not a fan of the wrap, they will ruin the exhaust studs in the head. Then you will have a bigger problem.:shh:

Craigore

TT Racer
If money is not an issue, which for you it doesn't seem to be, I'd look at the G5 air/fuel reader which some have installed on their bikes

you can pick them up on ebay/amazon.com for like, $230

dr....it stopped smokin.....Tuning is "black magic" to me sometimes....

stock ceramic headers with cross over + ceramic dominators = lots of power all ranges but a slight "popping" during down shifts..........
stainless headers no cross over with wrap + predators = what seems to be more power mid to high range and NO "popping" during down shifts......

So why is the popping gone? why the slight increase in power? is it the very HOT exhaust running thru the wrapped headers faster ? does this exhaust system allow for less pressure = no 'popping"

Black magic......LMT

I'm willing to bet you lost hp/tq down low and didn't pick anything up, but since it's weaker on the bottom end it feels stronger on top. A dyno will take the guesswork out of seat of the pants feeling.

Oh yeah do you know what the bike your used Preds came off of? Your bike is more likely to have blown out some packing on your Dominators,988,stroked,slide carbs etc. Your bike is pretty built, your popping may come back after using the Preds for a while. Again your bike is the slickness:eeek:

There's nothing to blow out on the Preds or Dominators. They use a steel baffle with no packing.

nohawk

Rocker
Did not know that.. but all my cheapo exhaust for the bonneville is like that too, I thought there might be more to the more expensive stuff. I wonder if anyone has experienced with those supertrap cans with the disc type system to adjust back pressure