Scram style pipes for 09 EFI bikes?

Thinking about turning my 09 Bonnie into a street scrambler and wondering if anyone has heard of scrambler type high pipes for EFI bikes.

Thanks.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
Call Sean at British Customs. He'll be able to tell you want you need, or don't. I asked him the same thing for my '08 and he gave some great info.

Just talked to Sean over at Brit customs. So Stoked! He says if I order a OEM Scram headers and go with his Scram retro predator exhaust and some misc parts I should be good to go. I'm thinking black ceramic with black headers....

Rocker

Two Stroke
F.Y.I. on Scramblers the header pipe, which is everything except the actual muffler, attaches to the frame with one of the bolts holes that attaches the Bonneville rear brake cylinder to the frame. On the Scrambler the cylinder is relocated to the foot peg brkt.
Kinda curious how much the Triumph headers and heat shields sell for.

Yeah I asked Triumph and they said it seems like too much work and I should sell the bike and buy a scrambler. They also said the engine is different and it would probably not work. seems to me like something they would say to get me to buy another bike. so I am still looking. Now I want to do it just to prove I can!

Rocker

Two Stroke
FYI my 2002 T100 has a used factory Scrambler exhaust, managed to score enough bracketry at the same time to make it work but if you have to buy new I'd hate to have your Visa bill, e.g. have you seen how much they want for a rt side cover assy? I have carbs, used a carbed exhaust and it runs fine, and as you know 790cc Bonnies are the fastest:shh:
I assume that EFI 'bikes have an O2 sensor someplace in the exhaust system so you'd prob have to use EFI Scrambler headers at least.

roadscum

Scooter
I've got a complete exhaust system for sale from my '09 Scrambler. It was removed at the 1st, 600 mile, service and is in as new condition. Will sell for $280.00 including shipping to CONUS. It's boxed up and ready to ship!!

Regards, Paul

Rocker

Two Stroke
Will the Norman Hyde street scrambler pipe fit the EFI bikes?

Can't tell you with regards to O2 sensors etc, physically it will fit.
Bear in mind that that system is sold "not for passenger use", although they sell a recycled budgie cage as a heat shield.
The NH full system should not be confused with the NH Scrambler mufflers. The NH Scrambler mufflers replace the stock mufflers, and therfore start further back. On the full system the mufflers have cut outs on the back side as they pass over the rear shocks as they locate further forward on the 'bike. The system has two header pipes that attach to a collector that the mufflers also attach to. The collector is covered/disguised by a heat shield.

IMO the NH mufflers look better, Triumph as an OEM has to take heat etc into account and the design is "different", though nice and shiney for those of us who like that kind of thing.

Will the Norman Hyde street scrambler pipe fit the EFI bikes?

No they don't. on account of the co2 sensor.
Hey roadscum I am def interested in the scram exhaust. I don't know if you can wait but I will be talking to my mechanic this weekend about the mod so can I get back to you sat or sun?

Last edited:

roadscum

Scooter
No they don't. on account of the co2 sensor.
Hey roadscum I am def interested in the scram exhaust. I don't know if you can wait but I will be talking to my mechanic this weekend about the mod so can I get back to you sat or sun?

Yep, you can.

Regards, Paul

whyme

TT Racer
you better give it one more just to be sure..

nice Dr. S quote.....that's my reading material these days

OK some updates on the Street Scram.
Spoke to my Mechanic and he said I should pay one of his guys to do a parts breakdown so I would have a list of the things I need to make this happen. At $85 an hour it sounds like a good place to start.
I Emailed Norman Hyde about their Street scrambler pipes and they replied that they see no problems. Then I found the pipes on Bellacorse and they say it will def not fit the EFI bike. OK. so I Emailed Bellacorse and they replied that if I wait a few months Norman Hyde is coming out with the SS pipes for the EFI bike. Cool except the pipes are not street legal. OK. Dose anyone know how much of problem that is?