Handlebar/Control Swap

fender

Street Tracker
I hate to admit it but as my body is aging (neck and knee) I can't quite ride in the same positions comfortably as I used to. So I'm in the process of changing out the M-Bars and possibly going back to the standard Bonneville footrests from the Norman Hyde rearsets. The footrest decision is still pending, I'll need to ride a bit first with the new handlebars.

My goal for the new bars wasn't to much from the mbars in the high position. I wanted a bit more pullback and slightly more rise without changing the overall width of the bars.

The first bars I tried when I got my Bonneville years ago were the Superbars and they were better than stock but I didn't like the lack of pullback and ended up going with the mbars in the high position.

After researching Bella Course/New Bonneville and not finding what I was looking for I started searching for Harley bars and ended up looking at Flanders selection. Most were to wide but I did find their Narrow Clubman's which seemed to fit what I was looking for.

Height: 2.5"
Pullback: 7"
Center: 5.75"
Width: 28.75"
Diameter: 1"​

Mbars vs Narrow Clubmans

20802978879_2fb0726288_c.jpg" width="800" height="308"

20367156224_4b7ef44f77_c.jpg" width="800" height="304"

I did have time to install them and will post more pics and a initial ride report in a day or two.

I used standard foot controls. I was using LSL rear sets at one point, but found them to be hard on the knees on longer rides, so I switched back to standard.

strokerlmt

For what its worth, 65 years old now, bad neck and arthritis. I replaced the M Bars with Bitwells, took the NH rear sets off and back to stock rubber covered pegs, bar risers, football grips and bar end weights.I am pretty comfortable riding with that combo now.
LMT