Been thinking..

strokerlmt

In 03 when I was looking for a 1969 Bonneville someone gave me Kari Prager's ph number ( Kari passed away way to soon last year ). Kari owned the Tri/BMW Bay area dealership and was an amazing scrambler rider.
I asked him if he knew where I could find a 69 Bonneville , my original bike, and he asked what my goal was. I said ride every weekend. He said get a new retro Bonneville so it starts and doesn't leak or vibrate my balls off.
Long story short....keep the new Bonneville and get a oldie to play with. Don't give up the rider.
LMT

AceT100

Rocker
I start work at 2.30am some days...when I use the Bonnie, I wanna know it's gonna go 1st time, every time....unlike some older models....

One day I'll have a Sunbeam S8 alongside her tho...

DandyDoug

750cc
Further to my previous post:

Decided to ride the 26 year old BMW today. When I put it away last week it ran fine, today it ran like shit until it got warm , then I had to spend more time dinking with the carburetors to get it smooth.:hj:

The joy's of old bike ownership.:chin:

Savantjk

Street Tracker
I've got an '81 yama that runs perfect aside from this electrical problem I've been trying to chase... Going to try ignition coils and see if that helps. Already replaced fusebox and got rid of the shitty wiring from the PO.

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
+1

I admire the older models and sometimes daydream about riding or owning one, but I would never give up the performance, reliability, and general safety of my '06 T100 for a vintage model. As much as I enjoy their nostalgia and history I feel that those bikes belong to a different age. My bike belongs to me, my time, and I write my own history each time I ride it.

Damn KB, that's downright poetic.