Handlebar comparison

MattRat

TT Racer
not sure what happenned to it but wasnt's there and "official handlebar thread"?

anyway:

Here's Stock, British Customs Low Cafe, and Norman Hyde M-Bars(top to bottom):
cycleparts004.jpg

and on the bike:

Ace Bars
acebarsinstalled.jpg

Low Cafe Bars:
IMG_0868.jpg

M Bars:
bike4.jpg

Stock Bars:
bike1.jpg

biker7

Banned
Bottom line is...low forward bars look cooler than stock and stock bars are more comfortable. What people will do for looks. :)
Hey I ride a racing bicycle with top of bars 2" below the seat for fitness but for some reason I prefer a std. bonnie riding position because I don't have to overcome the aero deficit with my own power. ;)
George

nohawk

Rocker
Ive gotten used to them, over 70mph they are fine but they do suck riding around town. I think I want to try the sportbars from Bellecorse, they are pretty cheap too.

neuroboy

750cc
they're really great at highway speeds because your position naturally counters the wind blast. i think they're really comfortable in town and i like the steering feel, but stop and go traffic for more than 45 min can be a pain--especially with a pillion.

bonnaz

Scooter
I'm running the "m" bars,
changed to these from the stock, with some bar end mirrors,
have to say that the wind resistance is better with the m's, to me they are more comfortable in the long haul, along with a fly screen.

northcountry

Two Stroke
erogonomic

Highlander bars are perfect for me (thanks Koi). Do require the longer cables. Installed rubber on the lower side in the mount, silicone in the bars, bolts with threads ground off a bit and epoxied in for end weights, and the catipillar silicone O-ring for throttle stop. A plus is that the mirrors give a better read.

samc

Scooter
I have the superbars and they're a bit wide and low for my aging body. I'm looking at Bellacorse Western and Flat Track bars; anybody have these and can give me some feedback?

thanks

koifarm

Hooligan
Ditto

Highlander bars are perfect for me (thanks Koi). Do require the longer cables. Installed rubber on the lower side in the mount, silicone in the bars, bolts with threads ground off a bit and epoxied in for end weights, and the catipillar silicone O-ring for throttle stop. A plus is that the mirrors give a better read.

I like mine as well, good comfortable position, bike just feels like it should.
Hello Northcountry.....hope all is well...stay warm.!!

NVcpF

Scooter
I have black NH 'M' bars coming from New Bonneville next week! I'm excited to make the change. I do notice the wind resistance to highway speed with the stock bars, and find myself trying to correct the riding position. The only trouble is I'm running the Triumph Thruxton Napolean mirrors on my stock bars - with the end cap bolts, and they won't work with the new M bars. The black M bars don't come with inserts. I think I'll need to get new 'standard' Napoleans. If so, I'll get black ones to match the new bars!

hankmarx

750cc
NVcpF, you can get the bar inserts from a bicycle shop for cheap.
Tap them right in with a dowel and your good to go.

drlapo

Hooligan
I have a set of HD Sportster Sport bars in black, mid rise, mid width, with plenty of pull back, $50 shipped

nwraindevil

Two Stroke
I have been thinking about getting the NH Western Bars. I'd like to see a few pics of some bonnies with the NH Western Bars (particulary on a Black & White if possible) . If anyone has some please post them up. Thank you.

Ben Quick

Street Tracker
I am wondering if the NH Western Bars look close to the bars on Triumphs imported to the U.S. around 1969 or 70? I am not sure if they would be an improvement but like the look.