Handlebar comparison

NVcpF

Scooter
Hank. Really? I'll have to try that. I like the mirrors I have so if I can use them with the new bars - way better. Thanks!

sportyone

Street Tracker
Hi, does it matter how the brake fluid res sits ?
I notice on some bars as pictured in these posts, the standard Bonne res appears to be at an odd angle and not level. could that effect the brake working correctly ?

anyone put the later Thuxton bar up on a Bonneville ?

D9

Vendor
sportyone - I've been running with the new Thrux "mini-M" bar on my '03 T100 since
last year...took some getting used to but I like it now... looks good on the
bike too. :D

loxpump

Rocker
I have the NH M bars turned upside down and my reservoir isn't totally level and haven't noticed any problems with the brakes. My start and horn button will touch the tank right when it hits the stops, but I also have them turned down a bit. I like the forward position, seems to help with wind.

sportyone

Street Tracker
sportyone - I've been running with the new Thrux "mini-M" bar on my '03 T100 since
last year...took some getting used to but I like it now... looks good on the
bike too. :D

thanks mate, that is what I think I wish to try ?

did the bar and controls clear the tank ok or do you have to use the Thux risers too ?
do you have foto maybe ?

sportyone

Street Tracker
Thanks Seth,

great fotos and beaut looking bike mate. :)

those bars are just what I think I want,
happy to see no mounting problems too !

I send you a shot when mine are done !
thinking maybe about Thrux headers too if there are no mounting issues ?
fitted a Pieman igniter recently, God what a difference !! :)

really a must have mod, IMO.

cheers :)

Are the stock handle bars on the 2010 Bonneville SE 1"? Are the NH "M" bars the best replacement bars to eliminate the reach (SHORT ARMS) I experience? I want to keep the factory cables. Any advice would be appreciated.

henrys

Street Tracker
Are the stock handle bars on the 2010 Bonneville SE 1"? Are the NH "M" bars the best replacement bars to eliminate the reach (SHORT ARMS) I experience? I want to keep the factory cables. Any advice would be appreciated.

The mag wheel bikes have 7/8 bars. Bella course has 7/8 m-bars listed on their website.

NVcpF

Scooter
A question on mounting 'M' bars. The NH M Bars don't have any 'etching' on them where the clamp makes contact. Is anyone putting anything on the bar to help with a tight contact? ie. loc-tight, silicon, hockey tape?? Anything, or just the tight 'dog bone' clamp and that's it?
I'm installing a new pair of black M Bars this week. Thanks.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Seems like from what I've heard on the forum here is nothing is necessary, but if you have a torque wrench the screws are suppose to be tightened to 26 newton - meters (about 20 foot - pounds). Use a criss cross pattern when tightening. If you don't have a torque wrench 20 foot pounds is pretty f**king tight.

sportyone

Street Tracker
Seems like from what I've heard on the forum here is nothing is necessary, but if you have a torque wrench the screws are suppose to be tightened to 26 newton - meters (about 20 foot - pounds). Use a criss cross pattern when tightening. If you don't have a torque wrench 20 foot pounds is pretty f**king tight.

I believe the method for tightening up the handle bar dog bone, is to do up the front or top ones first, then tighten up the other ones :)

nwraindevil

Two Stroke
tighten the top two first, then the bottom two. I had a problem with mine not getting tight. I was moving around to each one trying to tighten them evenly. Posted the question and was told to do it top first, then bottom and the bars have not moved at all.

I believe the method for tightening up the handle bar dog bone, is to do up the front or top ones first, then tighten up the other ones :)

tighten the top two first, then the bottom two. I had a problem with mine not getting tight. I was moving around to each one trying to tighten them evenly. Posted the question and was told to do it top first, then bottom and the bars have not moved at all.

Yep. Manual states to tighten the top bolts first then the bottom bolts to 26Nm.

Last edited:
handle bars

Help! So many products to choose from, therefore, I want to use the stock cables on my Bonneville SE and improve my reach (or lack of). Short armed rider
(me) has to extend his arms, looking for a better fit. NH "M" bars look pretty good. Any better ideas? Thanks [email protected]