Getting the urge to trade my bike. Again.

Deek

Scooter
.... As a 63 year old suffering from numerous ailments, I have long realised that my Bonnie is a day tourer only and not suitable (for me) for long distance touring.
This Beemer is looking decidedly tasty.
crossed my mind to sell it privately to raise the bread to buy the Beemer.

I've got a Bonneville and an R1200RT, and both can be made into adequate tourers. However, I'm your age and the BMW will always be first choice for anything over 250-350 miles per day. And if the weather is to hot, cold or wet, the BMW is best no matter how short the tour! But, I sure do like riding that light, torque-y, nimble Bonneville! So I have no plans to sell either.......maybe add to the garage, sure, but sell - NO! <g>

nohawk

Rocker
Well I havnt heared from this dude about swapping bikes in a couple of weeks so maybe he changed his mind?

Probably for the best since I need the money more then two more bikes.
Yup, Ill probably really try to sell the Bonnie to fund a move out of this sweltering hell hole. Ive almost got the woman convinced a move to New Mexico is in order.

Do it! I'd rather ride out to NM to visit you than Longview! Plus it'd give me an excuse to head out West, which I love.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Damn, I was raised up along the Sabine River bottoms in White Oak, TX (outside of Longview for all that aren't aware) and always hope to move back there one day. That old saying is true, I guess the grass is always greener......

nohawk

Rocker
I dont know how long ago you were here but the Sabine is filthy now. Up river from White Oak, the town of Mineola is dumping their wastewater into a tributary of the Sabine and downriver from White Oak you got Eastman Chemical putting some bad shit into it. Some old timers have told me that there are areas of the river where there isnt any fish,snakes,frogs,crawfish,nothing.
There are some good trails to ride between the river and White Oak.

I live just North of Hwy 80 about 3 miles East of White Oak.