Getting Close

GySchmit

Scooter
Got Ran off the road a while back. Bike went end over end. Insurance came close to totaling it because of the frame seat rails (one of which was bent). Convinced them it wasn't a structural part of frame and they could be fixed.

Mechanic did up an estimate using OEM replacement prices for parts that needed to be replaced. Got Check and ordered Aftermarket Parts (better parts and cheaper!) Went up to the shop, walked in and Mechanic is on the phone. He points to the bike on the lift and says go take a look.

I head over. All parts are in except the rear Seat Cowl. The following work is done....

Headlight Mounting Tube removed from Fork Tubes

Rectifier moved to Frame (old horn location - Horn previously moved to under tank)

BC Ignition (kit) Relocated to Left Frame Rail

5.75" Chrome Diamond Reflector Headlight mounted to lower Triple Tree

Wiring Harness (previously inside OEM Headlight) re-routed to under top Frame Rail.

BC Mini Brake Reservoir on

Aluminum GP Foot Pegs on (have to tweak as they droop)

Progressive Front Springs Installed in Forks

Progressive 412 Rear Shocks on (with upper and lower caps off)

Modified Chain Guard on (see OEM Chain Guard Mod thread)

Lossa Mini Reverse Cone Mufflers (brushed stainless) are in.

We discussed the following...

Modifying (extra) OEM Bonnie Headers - Removing cross over pipe and welding up then re-bending/cutting pipes to accept Lossa Mufflers ala "TT Style" and location of Mufflers. Looks like he is going to have to modify the Kick Stand "Foot Catch Lever (?)" and move it more towards the end of the stand to clear the muffler.

Mounting Steering Damper - With Ignition and Rectifier relocated discussed options to mount.

Went over work still needing to be done - Wheels Trued, Carbs Re-jeted for new exhaust, Options on turn signals (front and rear) if I decide to run turn signals (?), Oil Change, Frame Seat Rails re-bent, Licence Plate relocated to Left Side Swing Arm and Wired in, Slim LED Cat Eye Taillight mounting under seat. And some other things I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Front End looks CLEAN without all the OEM stuff mounted to it!!! Only problem is that the OEM Gauges look like crap now! Have to start researching another option... (Acewell, ??? - Need Options Here)

Only downers are that I'm not done with the paint! Had to take the Tank & Side Covers back so he can make sure all the wire re-routing will fit. Seat Cowl coming in is Yellow, Tank & Side covers are (currently) Gray Primer with Satin Black (where I plan to tape off for the double stripe) and front Fender is the color everything will be eventually. Going to look like trash till I run the bike to ensure everything is up to snuff and get a chance to paint.

The other downer is that I was running a Fly Screen - Really helped to keep the wind down. With the modifications done to the Forks (mostly the new headlight) I'm going to have to make my own Fly Screen/Fairing if I want wind protection. Have to start reading up on how to make Fiberglass parts.

Hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be IN THE WIND!

GySchmit

Scooter
Here is a pic of the bike after the wreck. Mid-Section completely intact (engine, Tank, Side Covers, etc). Most of the damage was front & Rear end.

293078_10151784230959237_1392572586_n.jpg

Ran up to the mechanic's today. He was working on the Exhaust. Lossa Mine Reverse Cones and modifying OEM Headers to "TT Style". Photo Shop of how they will look (kind of). He is keeping them tucked up and in as much as possible (not like the D&D setup which hangs below and under frame)

734182_10152016073219237_826486252_n.jpg

Chain Guard was for the most part intact. Modified it to match the Heal Guard and Sprocket Cover.

556923_10151921534734237_20661441_n.jpg

Last edited:

GySchmit

Scooter
ahaha im followin your biuld thread somewhere else...

LOL... you mean the Wreck thread that turned into a build thread.

Just got back from the shop. Here is a photo of the One Off "TT" Exhaust & Chain Guard. :banana:

150608_10152021690199237_2106567341_n.jpg

Last edited:

GySchmit

Scooter
Off the Operating Table

Well, he is off the Operating Table. Repairs & Mods mostly done. Checking out the front end and doing minor adjustments/tweeks. Friggen Exhaust sound GREAT!

Click Pic for Video