silencer fitment

neuroboy

750cc
I'm kind loving this this silencer right now. I like the stainless, vaguely organic, raw weld look. Sadly, it's made for sport bikes. Does anyone have any thoughts about fitment? Obviously, I'd need to work out a 2-into-1 header situation, too.

Clearly this is a love it or hate it look I suspect I'll get plenty of "day-um, that's an eyesore" responses so feel free to flame away, but please try offer some pragmatic advice in addition to aesthetic comments. Cheers!

0000_Leo_Vince_GP_Pro_Slip_on_Exhaust.jpg

rodburner

Rocker
I think for a hellava lot less money,you could just buy a used stock Thrux muffler,cut some pie slices into it to bend around what ever obstacles you encounter,[foot pegs,frame rails etc] and then simply reweld the slices back together. Play your slices right and you could even keep the Triumph DOT stamp.

neuroboy

750cc
You make a fair point. The rub being that I have neither the tools nor the inclination to fab my own parts.

rodburner

Rocker
Point well taken. But as you mentioned,you would have to build a 2into1 header for it anyway,unless they come in left/right pairs. That would look badass IMO.

Easy13

Street Tracker
More than a bit costly perhaps, but you could start with a D&D 2 into 1 and cut the silencer portion off after the last bend and graft on the one pictured. For that matter, D&D offers a 2 into 2 that mimicks a rough titanium look similar to what you're going for.

I seem to recall you had a set of Sinclair blunts a while back. Do you still have them and if so, would you sell them?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Looks like you could hang it off the foot peg instead of the regular mount site.

IMHO it's butt ugly.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Right on Neuro, build your own bike and don't let anyone tell you what you already suspect about what people are thinking of that particular muffler you've taken a fancy to.
Not the kind of look I'm personally going for on my cool black retro but to each his own! Hope you can find a way to get it to fit on your scoot.
Post some Pictures!

No Flames

If your not into making it yourself, I'd think a good exhaust shop (many now commonly weld/form stainless exhaust pipe) could set you up quickly....No flame here, I like the raw look, sort of extremely well cobbled, yet not "over produced" like the Arrows. Good luck

In the Thruxton section of this forum theres a bike posted in the "Thruxton Picture" thread that's a 2010 SE Thrux and the exhaust looks similar to this. I think that bike looks amazing. Go check it out and maybe you'd be into sourcing that dudes exhaust?