Forget "new chapter" this is a new book

strokerlmt

So the past 6 months have been extremely horribly stressful for myself and wife. This economy and system is not set up for self employed. Many years ago we signed up for college accounts for the girls. Big company with an even bigger company insuring that if for some reason they did not achieve advertised goals for when they go off to college the short fall would be made up. So the big co. bundles a bunch of accounts and sells them off....then they are sold again and eventually the accounts end up in company that had mainly invested in RIT's. Fucking real estate futures. So we get the collapse the college accounts disappear and the class action suit has been going on for 5 or 6 years now. And the insurance company collapses and get bailed out assholes.

So we decide to sell our house and downsize pay of debt and replenish the college accounts. Of course our house is in the worst price point and we end up getting rapped everyway possible. Deb has no more tears left, I internalize everything.

Bottom line we have sold our house. All contingencies removed now so we cruise to close on August 8th. We will have some money in the bank, no debts at all.......zero nada....nuttin......between Debbie and I we will be saving money every month which has not been the case for the last 5 years.

it is not a "new chapter"....it is a whole new book. At 62 years of age I am starting over, excited and looking forward to it.

"Press on"
Lachlan MacTavish
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Jesus LMT...I am sorry to hear about your hard times. The fucking bailouts!!...I know I am not supposed to get political but it burns my ass when hard working people are forced to take the shaft and a program designed to help them actually hurts them even more. The only thing I can say is to dig your heels in and keep your chin up so that you can still see ahead to weather the storm. You are taking care of your daughters and their future educational needs and you're fighting alongside all of this with your wife...you still have a lot and you will see this to the other side. I certainly would be buying you a pint if we were in the same neighborhood. :beer:

rodburner

Rocker
You'll be fine. I have every confidence in the both of you,since you were able to make the hard choices and make things happen. MUCH better to downsize than to be unhappy,stressed and at each others throats. It will all be good.

D9

Vendor
LMT, tough situation in this most challenging of times... sounds like
a plan to roll with it and better days ahead... you are and continue to be an inspiration, the LMT "press on" had been permanently added to my daily acknowledgement that whatever lies ahead we will get through it someway, somehow :cheers:

T-boy

Rocker
Sorry to hear about your tough break...keep your head held high and look to the future. Hopefully your "new book" will bring you happier times.

DandyDoug

750cc
Sorry to hear of another hard working middle class American who gets the short end of the stick again.

Hope it all works out for you and the family.

At this point i am totally exasperated with the way our government continues to let this stuff happen.
No , I don't have any answers, just a lot of anger at the way things have worked out for so many who believed in the dream, paid their dues and contributed. :wtf::wtf:

TheFixer

Two Stroke
Stroker,

Although not ideal, you must feel like the weight of the world has been lifted off your shoulders. No sense looking backwards - second guessing and "what if's" get you nowhere. Time to press-on forwards and enjoy the new-found freedom and happiness. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. That reason ay not be apparent at the time, but eventually it'll sort itself out.

Here's hoping for much happiness for you and your family! :cheers:

Fix

Mark

750cc
I read your story when first posted and without replies. I found it poignant in that I also am your age. I refrained from comment as I felt it deserved more than some cliche shit about the little guy getting screwed. I am just a working stiff myself though my situation is somewhat different with the kids grown and the house, bikes cars etc paid for. I have a hard time getting my head around doing this all over again so a big thumbs up for you and your passion and enthusiasm. To paraphrase Dylan those not busy being born are busy dying. All the best. :rockon:

You're a good dude, Lach. You'll be fine. You have that ragin' Bonnie, the California weather, and a great family. You're rich beyond compare.

KingBear

Hooligan
You've got a great attitude, Lach! All the best on your new book, may it be a long one with a happy ending. :cheers:

rndtaylor1

Scooter
You still have the most important things in life, wife and kids respect for making the tough decisions, and pride in knowing the bastards did their best to screw you, but you came out stronger and smarter. God bless all of you.

mondrian5

Scooter
I've always liked your signature, LMT. I think of it a lot. We can see what you are prepared to do...
Press on!

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Lach=surely one of the good guys... soo sorry to hear about this. Its the history of our times, not something you did wrong.

I don't think respecting the working man and making sure he gets a fair deal is political at all. Fuck anyone who says that. I am so angry about this.

+1 on what Jeff said.. real riches are the love of family and you got that. You also have the ability to deal with what is and move on, so you will be okay.

Where are you heading for this new book?