Eeek Guns!

koifarm

Hooligan
You know what they used to say about the armed forces issued 1911's.....if someone is shooting at you with one of them, just stand still, they'll never hit you!!
I love em as well...have one of my Uncle's sidearms he carried all through Italy chasing Mussolini in WWII....just something about those old 45's.....

Oxblood

750cc
You know what they used to say about the armed forces issued 1911's.....if someone is shooting at you with one of them, just stand still, they'll never hit you!!

I'm a Glock fan personally but everyone should own at least one 1911. For me 1911s are kinda like the triumph of the gun world. Timeless classics in all their variations.

drlapo

Hooligan
Kimber ss full size, 5.5"? 1911 with target sights
like new condition , i can get it for $700
what do you think?

Oxblood

750cc
Kimber ss full size, 5.5"? 1911 with target sights
like new condition , i can get it for $700
what do you think?

You know what model kimber? Ultra, pro, sis ect? but it sounds like a fair deal I use gunbroker to check on the going prices of guns when I'm looking to pick one up.

ricky

Street Tracker
Stopped by one of my gun shops yesterday to fingerfuck some of their guns for sale. Noticed an Olympic Arms 1911 45acp. OK, brand name with a really good price on it, $319ºº.
I pull the slide back... I tried to pull the slide back... it sounds like gravel.
Let's try it a few more times.
Oops, wtf? The slide release lever falls out onto the counter. This is getting funnier. I replace it and try the slide again. Nothing but gravel sounds.
"Here you go, I'm done with it, you may put it back now."
Walked out just shaking my head.

ricky

Street Tracker
She's not on a bike but then this isn't the bike thread. :up:
infidel1.jpg

Oxblood

750cc
For you guys that were asking about the kholster vs the crossbreed, well I just picked up a kholster for my 1911s and I say its a piece of junk compared to my crossbreed. Sub par cheap construction consisting of flimsy leather backing and very little definition of the molded kydex result in no retention when not being worn. It seems to have okay retention when sandwiched between a belt and your body but I wouldn't want to put it to the test. To be fair I did pay extra to get the horsehide crossbreed which my make a difference. The clips do not grip my belt as well as the crossbreed, I can easily slide the kholster up and off of my belt where as the crossbreed most of the time I have to undo my belt to get the holster off. Finally I don't know if its the holster or what but the kholster drags my pants down where the crossbreed puts weight on them but seems to ride fairly well.

YMMV

Oxblood

Last edited:

Oxblood

750cc
So I'm headed out to my dad's house outside Vegas in a couple of weeks and I wanted to take some guns to go shooting. Now usually I use a little dinky gun case I picked up at Gander Mountain for about 10 bucks but I have a few more guns this time so I started hunting for a nice case. Pelican would be awesome but they are so expensive, my buddy shot me a link for a super cheap surplus case that really got me rolling.

Now these are pretty cool but a little big. This dude made saddle bags out of them which I thought was sweet. Gonna havta file that away for later.

Link

A little more looking and I came across this aviator case. Perfect size for what I want but damn no locks! Spent a while trying to figure out how to lock it but I didn't really wanna dump alot of cash into this otherwise I'll just buy a pelican.

Link

Next up I found this dudes rifle case. Super cool but not what I need right now.

Stinger.jpg

Finally I came across this gem, just what I'm looking for. Strong, lockable and cheaper than a Pelican. I am cheap ass though so I wandered around some more until...

Link

I found this guy, same as the Omaha one for half the price!

Link

Now for padding I've got some high density eggcrate I'll use for the lid and If I can't scrounge up anything around the house I found these guys. I figure 1/3 sheet of the inch thick will be enough to build up and make cut outs for my firearms.

Link

I'll let you guys know what I think of the case when It gets in but for 14 bucks I'm not out much if it sucks.

Last edited:

drlapo

Hooligan
I carry a Walther PPKS, the Ruger will be a birthday present for my son: a carry pistol only, he uses all my guns for target shooting and hunting

ricky

Street Tracker
Pelican cases are great. With that said, I buy used whenever I can.

There is a really old trick when visiting other countries or in fact some ghettos around here.

The more the bag or case looks, i.e. beat up, old, repainted many times, the more the locals crooks will leave you alone.
If the bag/case looks new with pretty chrome locks, etc., the more people want to know what's in there.
I carry my camera stuff in two different cases. One is a Pelican, lockable for the car or plane. The other is a, padded, old ratty looking carry bag for when I'm walking around.

The same goes for gun cases.

koifarm

Hooligan
Ruger

I carry a Walther PPKS, the Ruger will be a birthday present for my son: a carry pistol only, he uses all my guns for target shooting and hunting

That's a pretty nice little sidearm, would be a great present for your son and the price is good as well, most of em retail for $300-350.

ssjones

750cc
my local gun shop has a sale on Ruger LCP .380 @ $249 this weekend
any opinions?

A buddy has two, one for him and his lady. They love them. That's quite a price. That model is pretty hard to find around here. Buy it and sell it to me if you don't like it!

drlapo

Hooligan
bought an LCP this weekend for $249
I've never owned a plastic gun but I bought it for my son for his birthday anyway
sure fits easy in the pockket
only a one finger grip, two if a mag extanison is added; must be hard to control
I haven't shot it yet
I don't think I'll give up my PPKS

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
Quote:
"bought an LCP this weekend"

If it's anything like the Keltecs, it won't feed hollow points reliably. Best to try it out, you might only get to shoot round nose/ FMJs through it. I've known 3 people who have had the little plastic guns= all said the same thing.
One of them said he had fired his alot, but only ever fired FMJs for target practice. One day he tried the HPs and he was like "Oh Shit!" Good thing he found out before he needed it!
All three of those guys traded for S&W 38 sp Airweights.
Wheel guns, reliable even in the mud...

Shorty

Two Stroke
Here's a pic of the Saiga I picked up a couple of months ago. It was a "tuned-down" AK-103 platform post ban for American export built by the Izhmash Arms factory in Russia . Now, with another $100 of American parts, it's close to what Kalashnikov intented it to look like. Chrome lined receiver and 16.3 inch barrel in 7.62X39 mm and is a true Russian Kalashnikov with matching numbers. It takes about a minute to disassemble the thing into its 5 major components. Out of the box grouping is less than 4 inches (4 rounds) at 100 meters.

Shorty

8-29-09.jpg

Here's a "before" pic

SAIGAIZHMASH762X39.jpg

Last edited: