Drastic Lightening of Bike

07black&red

Two Stroke
My internal jackass compels me to ask, did you need surgery to become overweight?
Check out the Carney Wilson story.....
Good luck and Happy Holidays in any event

JimVonBaden

Street Tracker
My internal jackass compels me to ask, did you need surgery to become overweight?
Check out the Carney Wilson story.....
Good luck and Happy Holidays in any event

Might want to turn off that internal Jackass! Makes normally nice guys into assholes!:shh:

Jim :cool:

Skeeter

Rocker
Been there for about 2 weeks,staying in Williamsport and working about 20 miles from the NY line, had a lot of fun trying to get outta there for Christmas! Philly airport was shut down. Ill be back up there on Mon.

ohh i can only imagine what last weekend was like at the airport

Jhtjon

Street Tracker
Well it has been one month since the surgery, I have been back to work for almost three weeks and I feel great (besides the minor cold I have currently). I have lost a total of 31lbs and about two pant sizes.

I can tell anyone thinking about the surgery it is truly life changing and there are some pretty iron clad rules you need to live by but it is completely worth it.

Nick Morey

Rocker
Well it has been one month since the surgery, I have been back to work for almost three weeks and I feel great (besides the minor cold I have currently). I have lost a total of 31lbs and about two pant sizes.

I can tell anyone thinking about the surgery it is truly life changing and there are some pretty iron clad rules you need to live by but it is completely worth it.

You're on your way!

congrats. Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, is this something that medical insurance pays for or do you have to pay out of pocket?

Kframe

Street Tracker
congrats. Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, is this something that medical insurance pays for or do you have to pay out of pocket?

In most cases it's covered, depending on the plan, from 70-90% minus deductables and stuff. The insurance companies would rather pay out $50K or so now, than a million later for heart bypasses and dialysis and diabetes treatment and stroke/aneurysm surgeries and rehab down the line if someone doesn't lose the weight.
It really is win-win.
-K

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Jon,

glad you are making out so well. I have to start losing weight myself, I was formerly always thin,so I guess i willl try exercising first. Its just not easy when you live in the frozen tundra and work in an office.

Jhtjon

Street Tracker
In most cases it's covered, depending on the plan, from 70-90% minus deductables and stuff. The insurance companies would rather pay out $50K or so now, than a million later for heart bypasses and dialysis and diabetes treatment and stroke/aneurysm surgeries and rehab down the line if someone doesn't lose the weight.
It really is win-win.
-K

I was extremely lucky the only thing I have had to pay for was my regular doctors co-pays, to date about $500.00 over three months. With the hospital stay and surgery the total bill is around $68,000.00.

Grimble1

Scooter
That amazing man. Congrats and keep it up.
A close friend of mine went to the US from Canada to have it done and she is now, 2 years later, very tiny.
Keep up the good work and let us know if you need any help.

D9

Vendor
Jht - congrats and keep up the good work... 31 pounds gone already, thats great!
General fitness and a reasonable height to weight ratio... worthwhile goals, good on humans as well as motorcycles. :D