Dart Question

Beaman

Two Stroke
Hi all - I used to have a National Cycle Flyscreen on my old Bonnie and it pushed my headlight up no matter what I did. How is the Dart in this department? I don't want to go any bigger than a flyscreen. If MAS was still making those aluminum ones I would go that route. Thanks for your advice.

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
When I had the Dart it did not push the headlamp up... but
it did buffet the hell out of my head. Nicely made unit, but took it
off after several rides. Tried the Triumph factory flyscreen and
a Givi as well. For me, far less turbulence with NO flyscreen...
which is not at all what I had expected...

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I've had a Dart on mine for quite a while and I like the looks. It does keep the wind off my chest and doesn't push my head light around.

I'm not familiar with the National Cycle Flyscreen, but the Dart does have little tabs on each of the arms that attach using the headlight bolts that rest on the tops of the headlight bracket, I believe this may be the key to preventing the headlight from being pulled up.

KingBear

Hooligan
Adjust the headlight with the flyscreen pushed back hard against the stops, then torque the mounting bolts to the specified 10Nm (7.370 Lb/Ft). It's tighter than you'd think just going by feel. Be advised that the stops on the flyscreen arms will scratch up your headlight bracket, so put some electrical tape or some other protection between them to keep your headlight bracket looking nice.

bonZa

Street Tracker
Adjust the headlight with the flyscreen pushed back hard against the stops, then torque the mounting bolts to the specified 10Nm (7.370 Lb/Ft). It's tighter than you'd think just going by feel. Be advised that the stops on the flyscreen arms will scratch up your headlight bracket, so put some electrical tape or some other protection between them to keep your headlight bracket looking nice.

good advice as found my Dart screen did mark the headlamp brackets.

I only use it for long distance tours, but it is easy to fit and doing the above the headlamp remains aimed ok