Project Scrambler... done! (for now anyway)

wildjester

Scooter
This 2009 Scram was bone stock when I bought it used in July.
I am very happy and proud of the mods thus far. Will probably continue farkling with a few odds and ends here and there... but the majority of the mods are complete. Thanks for looking.

Click this facebook link to see the full album.

298005_2110363039985_1272875708_1825093_1587414224_n.jpg

297472_2110329879156_1272875708_1825072_1623041389_n.jpg

302096_2110334839280_1272875708_1825083_1322682640_n.jpg

D9

Vendor
Bike looks fantastic.. the color scheme rocks... digging the ammo can... nice
details abound... great job!

wildjester

Scooter
Thank you! Still have a few items on the list... suspension, some powder coating, but I've been spending non-stop since July. I'll need to let the farkle account recover over the holidays. Thanks again for the compliments.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
I like the bar end mirrors. What brand are those and where did you get them? That is what my Scrambler is missing. Make the bike look much cleaner.

Deano

Two Stroke
Dude, it is so awesome to see your pictures because about a week ago I was thinking that there is just toooo much chrome on my pipes. My solution was to paint the sheilds all black, and behold, I can look before I try. I like it, although I have been thinking of doing the two big rear sheilds as well. Plus, twice now I have burnt my arm on the header pipes while fidling after or during a ride.
Can you give me the low down on the pipe wrap? Can you take it off easily, and after you do does it wreck the pipe (i.e. glue or the likes on the pipe)
And I like those bar end mirrors too.

wildjester

Scooter
Deano- I will probably paint the other shields as well at some point. I wanted to see how it looked first, and I think it will look good all the way. Be sure to sand and scuff well and use a quality high heat engine enamel.

The headers were a pain in the ass, but the end result was well worth it. You really have to take them off the bike to do it right. They are held on with stainless steel zip ties at either end. I did it the "messy" way... soak the wrap in a bucket of water. It will be easier to wrap tighter and will shrink as it dries for a nice fit. Remember to start at the engine end of the header pipe. This will ensure the overlap goes with the wind. I used a 15' roll of 2" wrap on each, overlapping about an inch, and using all but about 1-2ft of the wrap. The best part is riding to work the next day in a cloud steam and people yelling at you that your bikes on fire! Hope this helps. Got my wrap as a complete kit on amazon for about $50.

CaptainM

Scooter
Your bike looks great Jester. I heard that wrapping pipes makes the bike run hotter...have you heard that before? I don't know that it makes a difference in this case or if the wrap would have to be longer, etc...