Buzzing in bars @ 4-5k RPM

zmilin

Street Tracker
Got a question re: the 360 motor and/or break in.
We (Karen and I) went for a ride yesterday and Karen was telling me how her hands were tingling. I knew the road surface wasn't in the greatest of shape so I put the accountability on that.
The bike is just at 200 miles so its still in break in. Whenever I had ridden it up to today I had not taken it over 4K RPM.
Well... today I got home a little early and took the her Bonny out. I had it just over 4K and yup.... I could feel it buzz in my hands like a "back massager". Ran it past 5K and it got better. I was on multiple different road surfaces and same thing at the same RPM range.
Now... just to put it all on the table. I know the front rim has a slight bend on it (saw this after I put the engine guards on, dealer will take care of it) but I was assured it was not an issue as the tire was still seated and not losing air.
Aside from that air pressure in the front is at 36, rear is at 40.

What I am feeling, is it normal? Typical of the 360 motor? Part of break in?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I think it might be normal. Those counter balancers are good, but don't kill all of the vibration. I notice a tingle in my Bonnie (07) handlebars at freeway speeds. It doesn't bother me but it might a more sensitive person.

strokerlmt

Hmmm I weigh 185, I use 35 front 36/37 back when no loads. 40 seems high for your wife. I have noticed a vibe here and there but never anything super annoying. I believe in no wheel bends, dents, wheels need to be true, tire pressures correct, equal good tread, front shocks same fluid amounts, rear shocks same tension, chain tension correct, same make of tires front and back etc etc. check number of teeth front and back, Look for the simple stuff, correct if you have to, take for a spin. My opinion not break in related but hey I am no expert.
LMT

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Normal bar buzz. Bar-end weights, a bar snake, a little expanding foam with some lead pellets... most anything will do.

I drilled a hole in my bars and poured in a little melted lead. That was years ago. Either the bars don't buzz anymore, or else I've got permanent nerve damage to my hands. Probably the former.

drlapo

Hooligan
there is no bar buzz in my 05 Thruxton
I've ridden it on 1000 mile weeekends(Bennington) without problem
maybe give it some time to loosen up?

Either the bars don't buzz anymore, or else I've got permanent nerve damage to my hands. Probably the former.

The same may apply to me as well. I've got Flanders Narrow Clubman bars with Joker Machine bar end mirrors and football grips. Either my bars no longer buzz, or my central nervous system has been compromised.

zmilin

Street Tracker
OK... Im going to go through the front end again (because now I can't necessarily trust my dealer. Fucking miss a bent rim, bastards!) after they replace the wheel.
If all that checks out Im hoping the bar end mirrors may help and if not then weighing down the bars will be the next option.

Thank you all for the input!

qwenzel

Two Stroke
I was looking at those ... Which one did you use? Was it with OEM bars?

I think they where the HD3 size. I'm assuming you also have one inch bars.

If you get one, use lots of liquid detergent like the instructions say and the installation is as simple as breathing.

No OEM bars, I have NB Superbars.