ATGATT Reminder...

koifarm

Hooligan
I see a lot of riders down here, and on various types of bikes from Harleys to Japanese sewing machines, because of the heat and humidity in this area there are a high percentage of riders in various states of undress, the worst being flip flops, shorts and a tank top with no helmet, usually both rider and passenger in those cases.
It makes no sense to me but it's an individual choice.
My choice is draggin jeans, boots, mesh jacket, helmet and gloves, at times it's not very comfortable and hot and sweaty but the alternatives like skin grafts are hardly motivation to Not wear ATGATT.
Even with the added stability of the sidecar I'd still gear up. It just is not worth the outcome of being without protective gear.

HepcatBob

Scooter
I see a lot of riders down here, and on various types of bikes from Harleys to Japanese sewing machines, because of the heat and humidity in this area there are a high percentage of riders in various states of undress, the worst being flip flops, shorts and a tank top with no helmet, usually both rider and passenger in those cases.
It makes no sense to me but it's an individual choice.
My choice is draggin jeans, boots, mesh jacket, helmet and gloves, at times it's not very comfortable and hot and sweaty but the alternatives like skin grafts are hardly motivation to Not wear ATGATT.
Even with the added stability of the sidecar I'd still gear up. It just is not worth the outcome of being without protective gear.

Heat and humidity? In St. Augustine? Surely you jest!!! LOL!!!
(I was stationed in Jax and my dad lives in Palatka so I know it quite well)

koifarm

Hooligan
Bla, bla, bla...let Darwin sort them out.

True for sure Normandy, those knuckle dragging Neandertal types that drive Harleys are a tough breed though, especially once they get a head rag on, it must pinch their brain or sumpin....:chair:

LJPM

Scooter
Ya know, the same arguments you all have just made in favor of gear over not wearing gear could equally be applied to driving a car rather than ride a bike. Just sayin'.....

KingBear

Hooligan
Yeah, I like how the guys are actually posing with the bodies as though they were trophies. That's some fucked up shit.

Yeah, I like how the guys are actually posing with the bodies as though they were trophies. That's some fucked up shit.

That's from here mate and yes, 100% it is fucked up shit. No infrastructure here and "body chasers" which are basically pickup trucks and the drivers scan the police channels for accidents and attempt to beat the ambulances to the scene coz if they deliver the victim to the hospital they get a "finders fee" of about $30. Un-fucking-believable but true.

Same on the TV - mutilated bodies from RTAs in full view but if someone is smoking a cigarette in a movie it's blurred out for censorship. This country is definitely a bit out of whack!

Cheers,

Pikey.

Kappy

Two Stroke
Same here, same here ! they actually have not many Ambulances. We have lost so many guys because of that. It's all shit but what to do - stop riding bikes ? No way!
And nobody will help you because of Sharia law and bloody money. That's why we always riding in groups !!!!!

Kappy

jphickory

Banned
Ya know, the same arguments you all have just made in favor of gear over not wearing gear could equally be applied to driving a car rather than ride a bike. Just sayin'.....

This comment right on the money. Ultimately each individual makes a choice as to the level of personal risk exposure that is acceptable.

Kappy

Two Stroke
I still prefer riding my bike - the thrill to ride hard up and down a winding hilly road I never get out doing the same with a fast car !

But to wear proper protective gear is a must for me - no compromise for me.

But that is my personnel choice.