Another new mbr in SF Bay Area

Dsinned

Scooter
I'm relatively new here as I just joined NBR a few weeks ago. I just recently retired from working in and around Silicon Valley for the past 37 years in the electronics industry. I'm also a 26 year retired Navy veteran.

I've owned many bikes (~30) starting from age 15, mostly Japanese. I owned my first Triumph - a "prior owned" 2002 Daytona 955i - immediately followed by another new, all black, 2004 Daytona 955i SE. Loved it, especially the infamous "triple Howl" induction sound at full song. :up:

Unfortunately, those bikes were too uncomfortable to ride as the years went by, so I reluctantly parted with them and then recently acquired a new, 2014 Triumph Trophy SE, my most expensive bike ever. I missed not having an all around street bike, so this led to getting my most recent bike, a new 2015 Bonneville T100 with a custom paint job on the tank. Below, I have attached a few photos of my new bike including a closeup of the repainted tank. The stock tank use to be orange and black, but I think silver and black looks much better. The second photo shows the bike after accessorizing it.

Some of the accessorizes were done by the dealer and I did several myself. In addition, I did a few "DIY" performance mods (TORS, eliminated SAI/O2 sensors, Breathe, DNA filter, TTP map), since buying it from a dealer. It now also has a center stand, lockable gas cap, relocated ignition SW, Summer windscreen, chrome valve cover and few other bolt on enhancements to accentuate an already beautiful bike.

This forum is relatively quiet compared to the the other one with "rat" in its name. But, I like that it is dedicated to the Bonneville and plan to post often and make some new friends here. Thanks for reading this post.

Attachments

• smaller2.jpg
    smaller2.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2329.JPG
    IMG_2329.JPG
    94.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2328.JPG
    IMG_2328.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2325.JPG
    IMG_2325.JPG
    91.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Thanks for the intro, well done - glad you're here!
It's a quieter forum these days... if you stick around awhile, you'll
find there's a wealth of knowledge and a spirit of generosity among the
membership.

And no ads, no popups :D

Motley

750cc
Thanks for the intro, well done - glad you're here!
It's a quieter forum these days... if you stick around awhile, you'll
find there's a wealth of knowledge and a spirit of generosity among the
membership.

And no ads, no popups :D

Yeah...what he said! :stupid3:

You know, I could have sworn that sign said "I'm with stupid".

Last edited:

Clyde12

Scooter
Welcome. It's a bit quiet, but a great forum. Hopefully we can all kick the activity up a notch.
Enjoy the Bonnie, and thank you for your service.