AI Removal on an EFI

Just did this, and my Check Engine light is on. I followed the write up to the T. Did you guys have the same issue? does it just take a few starts before it goes off (like a car)?

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Newbonnie,
First don't panic...has happened to a few that have done it. Pretty simple resolution.
If you turned on your ignition BEFORE connecting the resistor, then you will throw a code. Other way to throw a code and light is if the resistor isn't attached properly.
Once you have confirmed proper continuity with the resistor, your MIL should go off after 3 complete hot/cold starts. If you are a bit more impatient than that, ride your bike to the local autoparts store with under seat allen wrench in your pocket and borrow the OBDII scanner from the counter guy and clear your code. Most autoparts stores will allow codes to be read out in the parking lot with one of their scanners. A generic automobile OBDII scanner will read and clear the codes for you. Be sure before you make the ride you have the resistor hooked up properly however. :)
Let us know how it goes.

I had a whole lot of stuff on and off the bike recently, and I may have put the key on while everything was disconnected. I will give it a few starts and see how it goes. I am pretty confident that everything is hooked up right, but we will see, I can never rule out my own human error.

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
I had a whole lot of stuff on and off the bike recently, and I may have put the key on while everything was disconnected. I will give it a few starts and see how it goes. I am pretty confident that everything is hooked up right, but we will see, I can never rule out my own human error.
Me too and sure can't. Dam Murphy. I am chasing the tach issue I wrote about which is likely my fault but so far not sure what I did wrong. :stupid2: