Affordable Luggage

TXRider60

Scooter
My best-kept secret, so far (except from guys I ride with) is my source for new, good-looking and affordable trunks in various sizes and colors-- and all under $100. I have no stake in this company (don't even knkw them) but have bough three trunks for various bikes from them. At these prices, there are minor glitches-- my "removable trunk" ended up bolted down, when the latch would handle the removal part-- but it locks, looks good, and saved me two or three hundred over Givi, which i had used before. Mounted my lates (on 2009 Bonneville) on a MS Enterprises rack, which installed easily but probably won't handle too much weight. http://stores.ebay.com/Northeast-Mountains

TXRider60

Scooter
You're welcome-- I've gotten good use from it, but have to repeat the disclaimer (for some): For $69-99 you don't get Givi!

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Cheap trunks

If you're looking for <ahem> a cost-effective trunk, go to JC Whitney. I have one on my Scrambler, mounted on a Renntec rack. Works fine for what it is. I doubt it would survive any sort of crash (or other physical abuse); but for fifty bucks it's a steal.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
a pic of the JCW top box...

ScramTrunk.JPG

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Foothill: Got a link for that box? Does it come with the brackets for the rack? Already got the rack and would like to lose my saddlebags for something easy to put on and take off for trips. Thanks!

Here's the link: http://www.jcwhitney.com/motorcycle-travel-trunks/p2010969.jcwx?filterid=c14523u0j3

and yes, it came with the mounting plate and hardware. I substituted some shorter bolts just to clean it up a little; but what's supplied with the trunk works as is. Took me <5 min. to mount it up.

slowgator

750cc
Here's the link: http://www.jcwhitney.com/motorcycle-travel-trunks/p2010969.jcwx?filterid=c14523u0j3

and yes, it came with the mounting plate and hardware. I substituted some shorter bolts just to clean it up a little; but what's supplied with the trunk works as is. Took me <5 min. to mount it up.

Thanks! I guess you got the medium? Don't think I want anything bigger than the one in your picture; is that mounted on a Bonneville? Might you have a pic of the entire bike with trunk mounted? Thanks again!

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Thanks! I guess you got the medium? Don't think I want anything bigger than the one in your picture; is that mounted on a Bonneville? Might you have a pic of the entire bike with trunk mounted? Thanks again!

They have two sizes, and this is the smaller of the two. It's mounted on my Scrambler, so yeah, a Bonneville. I'll try and get a pic of the whole bike with the trunk mounted in the next day or so (before the weather gets ugly again).

koifarm

Hooligan
Also curious about the two smaller units on each side of the headlamp? What brand and where do you find em?

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Also curious about the two smaller units on each side of the headlamp? What brand and where do you find em?

I found those on eBay - roughly $35 for the pair I think. They aren't very powerful, although I put them on primarily so others would see me during the day, as I don't ride much at night any more.