Hit with the ugly stick...

ivar

TT Racer
XJ is abandoned - found this instead - very tempting:
82_-913186666.jpg

ivar

TT Racer
have been wanting one of those for a time. This one's a 92 Dnepr 650, is in running condition, needs new brake bands , a carb rebuild and a seat cover. And, owned by a priest :)

dschief

750cc
Owned by a priest? Run away from it, unless he was a mechanic in a previous life.

Seriously though, it does look like it would be a very cool project!

ivar

TT Racer
just sent him a mail that I'll take it. Have to pick it up w/ a trailer when I get on vacation. And asking price $300 less than the Yamaha :)

And - its 2-wheel drive :sidecar:
(Now need to go on eBay to find the matching machine gun mount)

Gretsch

Rocker
Looks like something out of The Great Escape". And yes, I know that was a Triumph that Bud Ekins used in the jump. :D

Boofhead

Banned
If it has standard carbs get rid of them , i used mikuni 28 or 32 mm if my old brain is working right , i have owned 5 of these they were early 70s but probably the same
One of the most fun bikes i ever owned
I have a copy of the manual here as well

ivar

TT Racer
thanks,
probably not much diff. from year to year , except for more or less round wheels etc.. :lol:
Have found several manual links + forums for these.

Mikuni VM roundslide carbs?

ssjones

750cc
Or maybe one should let it be - maybe the weird early 80's styling will be tomorrows classics and unmolested bikes rarer than hen's teeth :lol:

Keep telling yourself that.....<g>
I think it looks purposeful. How many miles?

ivar

TT Racer
Now have got the Dnepr halfway home. Will get it the last 70 miles tomorrow.
All rubber parts were in need of replacement , and the left carb leaked. But it started up and is in good working condition.

There's some rust to take care of though...

tezza

Street Tracker
they used to sell them here in oz in the late 70s and the ad read 650cc for $650 and it came with optional machine gun mounts , cool. a guy i knew had one and painted it red with the hammer and sickle in yellow on the tank.still makes me laugh.

BIGWIG

Scooter
they used to sell them here in oz in the late 70s and the ad read 650cc for $650 and it came with optional machine gun mounts , cool. a guy i knew had one and painted it red with the hammer and sickle in yellow on the tank.still makes me laugh.

I think they were URAL motorbikes that were selling then not Dnieper's

tezza

Street Tracker
also sold under the name cossack ,the shop was on parramatta rd cant remember the name though

ivar

TT Racer
how not to fix a leaky carb:
P1000568.JPG

Strange it ran at all - on the other carb, the plastic float were half full of gas.