6000 Mile Service

Bonneville1

Scooter
There have been hours and hours written on this subject, general concensus is that semi synthetic is more than adequate, as for Mobil/Castrol then the Manufacturers will promote whoever ofers the best discounts, Honda I belive have moved over to Castrol? well my Honda Civic uses the stuff, As long as oil is changed at the reccomended regular intervals using the correct grade then dont worry about brand names.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
As long as the oil doesn't say ENERGY CONSERVING in the circle thingy that is on the back of the jug you'll be okay. 10-40 or 15-50 isnt the energy conserving types that don't play well with the clutch componets.
I would just recommend NOT using wally worlds store brand Super Tech or any crap from Big Lots. Some of these have been remanufactored and in my opinion at worth spit for anything you really care about but would probably work if it is the only chit you can find in an emergency.
I got a good laugh from the misspelling of Castrol as castor oil would of made my great grandmother real happy as she thought that stuff would cure anything that ails ya!

Last edited:

rdt303

Scooter
as Long As The Oil Doesn't Say Energy Conserving In The Circle Thingy That Is On The Back Of The Jug You'll Be Okay. 10-40 Or 15-50 Isnt The Energy Conserving Types That Don't Play Well With The Clutch Componets.
I Would Just Recommend Not Using Wally Worlds Store Brand Super Tech Or Any Crap From Big Lots. Some Of These Have Been Remanufactored And In My Opinion At Worth Spit For Anything You Really Care About But Would Probably Work If It Is The Only Chit You Can Find In An Emergency.
I Got A Good Laugh From The Misspelling Of Castrol As Castor Oil Would Of Made My Great Grandmother Real Happy As She Thought That Stuff Would Cure Anything That Ails Ya!

Lol!!!