2009 Bonneville - some nice modifications....

casper

Two Stroke
Wasn't sure if someone had already posted this ?

New for 2009 Bonneville.....I ride a scrambler but have a yearning for one of these :)

Casper/ Dave (PS here's my own website/blog below)

http://www.freewebs.com/bonnevilles/index.htm

2009Bonnie.jpg

Key features at a glance:

2009 Bonneville

Classic looks combined with modern day engineering
New riding position with reduced reach to handlebars and lower seat height for increased manageability
Cast wheels recreate Seventies look and reduce unsprung weight
Sporty megaphone silencers
Restyled, lowered seat with white printed Triumph logo
Smooth 865cc parallel twin delivering 68ps at 7500rpm
Redesigned handlebar clamps and instrument surround
Rear rack available as optional extra
Jet Black and Fusion White colour options
Comprehensive range of optional extras from the Triumph accessory range, including screens, luggage and exhaust systems

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Got to see the 09 line up in person last October during the Barber Vintage Days event. Cant say I like the direction it's headed. Those cast wheels and lower seat ... really make it close to the ground. Good, I suppose, for people under 5'7" - but way too low for those 6' and above. My knees were bent while sitting on one with my feet flat on the ground.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
not having tank badges really hurts the look...combined with the low seat....makes the tank look bigger

hate the mag wheels... otherwise it looks good. The muffer looks better at least you don't see the kink in the pipes...

Just wondering...

Were the ergonomic changes on the "new" 2009 "standard" Bonneville incorporated into the 2009 T100?

Thanks,

FutureT100Owner

2KLBUP

Scooter
The bike pictured above is the 2009 SE. The Standard and T100 models still have spoked wheels, full mudguards, etc.

Xchoppers

Two Stroke
I don't care for the lack of tank badges. The badge is the first thing I look for to see if it's a Bonneville. I think those new Triumph stickers look cheap. Yeah, I know the new Bonnies like mine have plastic badges but I think they look pretty nice.
I like the retro look of spoke wheels on the T100 but tubeless tires (with those new aluminum wheels) sure appeals to me.
I prefer a 19" front wheel though...
It's good that Triumph offers choices.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
I never liked the cast wheels on the "original" bonnies, but for some reason this bike appeals to me. Maybe it the "big and little" hot rod look of the wheels.:d

Were the ergonomic changes on the "new" 2009 "standard" Bonneville incorporated into the 2009 T100?

Thanks,

FutureT100Owner

I think that the T100 is the same as before, as far as height, wheels, etc are concerned. If you go to the Triumph web site http://www.triumph.co.uk/ you can compare the specs. On the US site, both the 2008 and 2009 models are listed, as of today.

If I were buying one now, I'd get a T100 because the height suits me well. I wouldn't want it any lower.

casper

Two Stroke
It all comes down to a matter of personal taste.

Even though I am short at 5' 7'' I can still ride my Scrambler reasonably happily.

The lower 2009 Bonneville is perhaps sharper handling maybe?

I think Triumph have to keep moving with the classic Bonneville as its a basic sound bike which needs to develop.

Personally I'd like to see a 650cc much lighter machine (like the older Triumphs) with the modern reliability.

Casper
bonniet100rv0.jpg

By casperdog at 2008-06-29

AndyB

moped
The bike pictured above is the 2009 SE. The Standard and T100 models still have spoked wheels, full mudguards, etc.

No it's the standard Bonneville. The SE in addition has a tacho, polished aluminium engine covers and a 'metal' tank badge. The T100 is as before

Personally I like the new look, although it is a parts bin special in many ways. But that's what Triumph always used to do, so no change there. There's something about it which reminds me of the old air-cooled Yamaha RD400. Personally I hate having to clean spoked wheels, so wouldn't miss that chore at all. And being short, the lowered seat height is a bonus, although I coped perfectly well with the standard setup in the past.

I agree about the brake reservoir though.

Andy

2KLBUP

Scooter
Nice pic.
Yes, it will quicken low speed steering, as it reduces rake and trail, but will make the bike more unstable at the Ton. How much more unstable? I do not know, but it will have a detrimental high speed impact.
I love New Bonnies, but I agree that they have a bit of a weight problem...
I'll keep my 19" wheel. It just looks right to my eye. Just my NSHO.
Cheers-

2KLBUP

Scooter
Really? Bummer. Oh well. I like cast wheels for the precise reason you specify, as well as reduced unsprung weight, little to no maintenance, increased high speed safety, etc.
I will wait patiently, hoping that Triumph puts out an 18" or 19" cast front wheel though.
Cheers-

bobajobbob

Two Stroke
Doesn't do it for me personally in standard trim. May look better with a few mods. I guess for me the 70s wasn't a great design era.