1949 Series C Vincent Black Shadow

pepper

Street Tracker
I was down in SE Arizona yesterday visiting an old riding buddy, "Nukka" Bob. Bob's a hoarder. He's bought every one of my vintage British bikes over the last 20 years or so. Among his collection is THE Vincent, a freakin cherry '49 Black Shadow with Lightning cams and pipes. Somewhere around here I've got a couple shots of him and I out riding years and years ago, him on the Vincent, me on my first '49 FL. I've got to be back down in that area for business again next week so I'll try to grab some more pics of his stash.

IMAG0637.jpg

IMAG0639.jpg

IMAG0627.jpg

pepper

Street Tracker
The turtle tank is a custom rigid big bore/stroked early XL. Bob's getting a little long in the tooth and his body is too trashed to allow him to do the bikes like he used to. He asked me to finish a couple of his projects for him, the vintage sportster is first in line.

IMAG0619.jpg

A late model Ariel Square Four

IMAG0633.jpg

IMAG0632.jpg

pepper

Street Tracker
The one I wish I still had. My last Norton, a '73 Combat Commando. I offered to trade him my new bonnie for it. WTF, he's got 4 other Nortons, he surely won't miss one. I'm thinking I'll ride the trump down there next week and let him swing a leg over it and see what he thinks. I like the Bonneville, but man, I'd love to have my Snortin' Norton back.

IMAG0629.jpg

IMAG0630.jpg

mark66

TT Racer
Thanks for posting, Pepper......I love old british bikes. Just before I logged on here I was reading one of my mags, The Classic MotorCycle, that I get from the UK. He's got some beauties there.

pepper

Street Tracker
where in southern azz does he live? he seems like a cool guy

Skeeter, he's north of Mt. Graham near the river.

Bob is way cool. He was a pink team member in 'Nam (Air Cav) and was shot down twice over the Asha Valley. A pink team consisted of a Cobra attack helicopter up top (red) and a Loach observation helicopter (OH-6) down low (white). White located bad guys by flying low and drawing fire and then the snakes would come down and attack the source of fire. Bob was the Loach pilot. He started out as an enlisted Marine, went to the Army as a Warrant flying choppers, and retired as a Navy Lt. Cmder. A man's man who's lived a hell of a life and a great bud to ride and drink with.