Pics of Bonnie in "Sport Touring" mode

tbirdsp

Scooter
DSCF1110.jpg

Now with Triumph "Classic Leather" bags, Renntec rack, cheapo tail trunk, Garmin Nuvi 500 GPS

DSCF1116.jpg

DSCF1117.jpg

DSCF1119.jpg

DSCF1120.jpg

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Looks very nice Mike. At some point I need to get some weekend luggage for mine.
Btw, how much discrepancy between GPS and speedo reading?
Cheers.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Looks good , except for that barbeque you have strapped to the back. Now get it dirty, please. Where are you taking her?Thats what is really important.

My bike is still locked in tour mode, awaiting the day I finally point her towards Vermont.

GEDC1805.jpg

No one can delay you like your overworked overstressed overachieving riding buddies. I need some friends who are selfish lazy bums like me.

Last edited:

tbirdsp

Scooter
Looks good , except for that barbeque you have strapped to the back. Now get it dirty, please. Where are you taking her?Thats what is really important.

Yeah, I know that thing is butt-ugly, practical though. I had bought the soft tail bag that goes with the Renntec rack - before checking it out on the forums. Stupid thing doesn't even fit right on their own rack! I returned it.

Got the Triumph bags off of craiglist for half of new price. Never would have bought them for MSRP. We'll see how they work.

My KLR650 is my dirty bike. It gets washed when I ride it in the rain.

Going down to southern Missouri/NW Arkansas in 2 weeks. Some of the best roads in the country:headbang2:

Speedo is nearly 10 mph off at highway speed.

strokerlmt

I run 2 soft saddle bags with a soft bag on top. Then I bungee camping shit on top and create a nice soft back rest. Never been a fan of the hard bags.....
LMT

tbirdsp

Scooter
Werd. Like the side bags, just not the top rack but i understand its really practical. No go RIDE!

Yeah. looks like crap but it's nice having something lockable and totally waterproof...

For my local riding I strip all of that junk off and just carry a cell phone and a credit card.

Last edited:

Easy13

Street Tracker
For my local riding I strip all of that junk off and just carry a cell phone and a credit card.

Anything smaller than a 12-pack, if it's in one of those enviro-disasterous plastic bags, just wrap the handles once around the seat's cargo strap and it'll follow you home, sweet as you please. I've got one of those JC Whitney bungee nets for when I get REALLY thirsty...:cheers:

Easy13

Street Tracker

Anything smaller than a 12-pack, if it's in one of those enviro-disasterous plastic bags, just wrap the handles once around the seat's cargo strap and it'll follow you home, sweet as you please. I've got one of those JC Whitney bungee nets for when I get REALLY thirsty...:cheers:

Easy13

Street Tracker

schnabba

Two Stroke
I like that rentec rack and trunk! You need bigger side bags.... shoot, you still got room till you hit your exhausts.... Need some massive GIVI or other hard luggage!

DSCF1120.jpg

That tail trunk sure does look functional! I would want a bigger one though - gotta have one that fits lots of groceries, or camera gear / hiking clothes, then you can swap out the aerostich for the gear, lock everything up nice.

I keep thinking about a rack for mine, but the leatherlyke side bags need the triumph rail for their mounting brackets.... I suppose I might be able to drill a rentec rack.... that would be an expensive experiment if it went wrong!

Instead of a tail trunk - I use a seat like the king and queen seat - keeps a soft bag in place, and, if you have a bag that sits over the sides of the seat very far - you can always modify a plastic cutting board, secure it in place with some straps, and use the soft bag on top. Or, put a thinner cut down plastic cutting board in the bottom of your soft bag to hold up anything inside. Not waterproof or secure like a rear tail trunk. I'll probably head that route if I start touring more on the bonneville (got an older tiger for that now - it has crappy, yet functional, hard luggage).

awesome setup bro!

tbirdsp

Scooter
schnabba - Those are the Triumph Classic Leather bags and they also use the Triumph rails. Work fine with the Renntec rack with no modifications.

For *real* touring I have this (top box not shown):D
TWI08Mike1.jpg

Last edited:

schnabba

Two Stroke
always loved the ST1100. Had 2 different VFRs, with no luggage, and should have gotten the ST instead.... but that's how I ended up with the bonneville, so I guess it's alright.

Sweet ride! (my 2007 VFR was a similar color - that chili pepper red - it looks so much better in person than in pictures - you have to see it to understand).

I still think there is a ST in my future, I would just have to part with a Tiger (now that I have them sorted out, it's hard to do - they run, they do what I want, they go!).

nice ride!

still like the top box on the bonnie - I hate my soft bags, but they work for short trips.... if you're doing a grocery run, the medium motofizz bags are awesome, if you're trekking somewhere, the helen2wheels bags are awesome!

sweet ST. Now I want one :(