1200 miles, MT, ID, WA

GuyM

Street Tracker
On the spur of the moment, I loaded up the bike and headed out:

IMG_0208.jpg

Above the Columbia, near Wenatchee, WA, first morning.

IMG_0212.jpg

The part of Eastern Washington they try to keep secret. Evergreen State???

IMG_0215.jpg

Idaho is looking good! Closing in on the Lochsa River - a favorite of mine!

IMG_0222.jpg

Powell Junction & Lochsa Lodge - a great place for fuel & food.

More to follow!

GuyM

Street Tracker
IMG_0227.jpg

Idaho road hazard...

IMG_0235.jpg

Another Idaho road hazard!!!

IMG_0230.jpg

Spring comes slowly in the high country. Up above Powell Junction & Lochsa Lodge.

GuyM

Street Tracker
IMG_0242.jpg

Cabinet Mountains, near Troy, Montana.

IMG_0240.jpg

Paradise Montana remembers.

IMG_0244.jpg

The Yaak River, Montana.

IMG_0247.jpg

My little camp on the Yaak.

It was a good trip, and the Triumph performed superbly.

Regards, Guy

DavidC

Rocker
Great photos, Guy! You did well on your "spur of the moment" ride -1200 miles! You must be single, LOL.

IronButtJack

Scooter
Great pics! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip on your scram.

I live the Seattle area, but spend alot of time riding on 20 and 97. The small towns and roads north of 20 are alot of fun to explore. Some summers, I think I'm the only one to have one to travel down some of those roads due to the tree limbs and gravel left over from the winter storms.

You are right, that much of E. WA and Idaho are a secret. Don't tell the Californians. ;)

DavidC

Rocker
You are right, that much of E. WA and Idaho are a secret. Don't tell the Californians. ;)

I went to Moses Lake, WA once in the eastland. I thought I was in a whole 'nother place. Got drunk and played on a spillway, which was fun as all get out!

GuyM

Street Tracker
"You must be single, LOL."

Actually I've been happily married for 27 years now. My wife enjoys riding with me, for short rides anyway. The Scrambler is a new toy for us, only about eight months and 5000 miles old now. We used to ride together a lot, back in the 1980's and early 1990's, but kids and jobs got in the way of that for a number of years.

She knew I was getting real stressed out at work, and suggested we get another bike. It's been wonderful. She's also been a peach when I've wanted to go ride for a half day, a day, or in this case three days, on my own. Am very much in love with that woman. And the Scram is pretty fun too! I feel like the little Triumph has given me back a large measure of freedom that I'd slowly lost over the years.

Regards, Guy

IronButtJack

Scooter
Yeah, SE WA can be fun. It is rather bleak and wide open though. But, if you get above HWY 2, it's all green forests, rivers and lakes.

DavidC

Rocker
Guy - your situation and wife sound much like my own. Motorcycling and Triumphs were an all-consuming passion when I was younger, but work, children, houses gradually take the forefront of life. When I told my wife, who take fiscal issues to extreme heights, I was interested in buying a new Triumph, she said indeed, go ahead, I understand. I was happily surprised!
And at my age - or our age - it is nice to have a classy, cool, reliable machine. I pushed old Triumphs down the road too often and do not care to do that anymore.:)