'08 Speed Triple Clutch Issue

Dawgone

Two Stroke
So at first I thought the tranny was rotten, lotta missed shifts both up and down. Specially 4-5-6 ... Discovered it's the clutch.

It does not dis-engage immediately. Sometimes takes a couple of wheel revolutions to break free. Bike won't start in gear, cold, hot or in-between.

When stopped if I hold the clutch in for 30 secs or so you can hear when it actually dis-engages and then the shift into first is butter smooth, can't even feel it. But when stone cold, if ya don't wait, the bike flat out lurches forward when shifted into first.

I've checked the adjustment & that aint it. Found a couple of others on the Rodent site who've experienced the same thing.

Anyone else experience this.

Marker

Scooter
So at first I thought the tranny was rotten, lotta missed shifts both up and down. Specially 4-5-6 ... Discovered it's the clutch.

It does not dis-engage immediately. Sometimes takes a couple of wheel revolutions to break free. Bike won't start in gear, cold, hot or in-between.

When stopped if I hold the clutch in for 30 secs or so you can hear when it actually dis-engages and then the shift into first is butter smooth, can't even feel it. But when stone cold, if ya don't wait, the bike flat out lurches forward when shifted into first.

I've checked the adjustment & that aint it. Found a couple of others on the Rodent site who've experienced the same thing.

Anyone else experience this.

I haven't, I frequent thespeedtriple.com you may want to ask over there. R you on it? There is ALOT of VERY knowledgable people over there if your not. The Rodents best left there some time ago due to shawn. Either way, be prepared to take some shit, tell them is sent ya and you should get a ligitimate answer faster than normal.

Dawgone

Two Stroke
I've been there, something about bein a Ton older or maybe it's the format, but I just don't get it... But I'll go look again and wear my Flame Proof Chonies

Marker

Scooter
I've been there, something about bein a Ton older or maybe it's the format, but I just don't get it... But I'll go look again and wear my Flame Proof Chonies

hahaha, there are quite a bit of old hats over there! They just all act like they are two yrs old.