New Tires

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
follow-up

Another shameless plug for the Michelin Anakees: I put mine on 9,000 miles ago, and they are only now showing any kind of noticable wear on the fronts. Rears are showing some, but it looks like I'll get through this season (another 5,000 miles) on them with no problem.

bkiser

Scooter
Ive put about 250 miles so far on ContiTrail Attacks. Love 'em. They were also pretty cheap at $55 front / $115 rear in the stock sizes. They seem to roll right over longitudinal grooves and tar snakes without pulling. They are way more tire than I am rider, but thats not saying much.

neuroboy

750cc
put roadriders on my bike today replacing the stock battleaxes. only have had a day and i'm tenative until the slick stuff gets worn off, but, wow, it's a different bike now. . . not surprising given how dead the last set of shoes was.

coopv2

Street Tracker
Well this is getting on in the tooth, but I see a need to reply so others can see there is a option not thought of,
This Dunlop measures exactly 160mm wide on my stock rim. as I lowered the bike I did have to give the sides of the rear fender a small tug to ensure clearance while 2 up.
DUNLOP K591 160/70/17 is specially designed for harley davidson narrow 17" rims to give max tire width without side wall roll. it also is a sport style compound and I have found it to have excellent grip and stability even up to 160 klmh
I love it.
picture.php

Last edited:

drmuonfunk

Scooter
Hi,
I've been searching for the Avon Roadriders a size up but couldn't find a fit for the front. So I went to the companies website and they don't even have the tire at a standard size at 19 in. The best fit I see is 90/90 19 inches. Very confused...

neuroboy

750cc
the avon 100/90-19 is "universal" and can go front or rear depending on how you mount it (i.e standard or flipped 180 degrees).

nohawk

Rocker
shinko 705, 140/80-17 and 110/80-19, about $100 for the set from chapparralracing.com Long running post-threads on advrider show good tire and I'm happy with them.

Im gonna try these too, seems the only problems are with the 150 bias ply rear. Got any pictures of the on your bike?

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Just put 150 rear,stock size front, roadriders on. Turns well, unstable at around 90 in a straight line :eeek:

Yup. same here. Yesterday I did 50 miles on the NYS Thruway. Everytime I passed a Semi I was holding on for dear life because the Avon Roadriders were wobbling. :eeek: