Bonnie is done! (for now) good pics.

six by six

Two Stroke
Well it took 5 months and the bike is pretty much where I want it. When I got back from Iraq there were boxes of parts from Bellacorse waiting for me. So I gutted the stock airbox, rejetted and went with the Bellacorse teardrop straight pipes. What an improvement. So here's what I did:

-Gutted airbox. I accidentally cut too much plastic away and I had to make new brackets for the turn signal relay and brake reservoir.

-Rejetted and installed the teardrop pipes. Makes a nice growl now.

-Carved out the front of the side covers to get more air to the filters.

-Since the airbox was a sort of fender in front of the stock one it's removal meant that rainwater/mud would fly up into the wiring and the pod filters. I had some tough rubber sheeting and cut out a long strip. the top attaches to the forward fender bolts and the bottom is zip tied to the swingarm. Works great.

-Threw on a used Scrambler gel seat courtesy of Jeddy-3's Speed and Kustom shop in New Orleans.

-Hedge's 8-ball choke pull. Haven't dyno-d it yet but I swear I have more top end power.

-Lucas style bolt in lighting kit from New Bonneville. Plug and play.

-Relocated the car horn from the front of the frame to hanging below the battery box. I just thought it was kind of ugly.

-Black M-bars with Mirrycle mountain bike mirrors. And red football grips. It was much easier to flop the bike down at the track.

-Pirelli Sport Demons as the stock tires were worn out. It's a whole different bike now. Tires are stickier and really give me more confidence.

-When I took out the airbox, the crankcase breather hose was just laying there. I put a filter on the end but it still let oil leak all over the crankcase. As I work in aviation maintenance, I got some steel braid line from the Hydraulics Shop trashcan and made it go from the crankcase all the way to the top of the battery box. No more oil leaks.

-Took split wire loom stuff and encased most of the wiring laying around.

Here's the pics. I'm looking forward to your comments/flames/opinions.
DSCN2282.jpg

DSCN2283.jpg

DSCN2284.jpg

DSCN2285.jpg

I have a few more ideas in my head. I need to get my machine shop to build me an ignition relocation bracket. They work for beer. Also I NEED to mount a bottle opener somewhere on the rig. I haven't figured out the best place for it yet. I had on on the back bumper of my Jeep TJ. Damn I miss it.

The most amazing thing of all this is I'm still married! She's a keeper...

Last edited:

Nick Morey

Rocker
Very nice job six! I especially like the pipes and bars. Smart thinking on the side cover mod and wiring and filter protection. Nicely done. Also thanks for your service by the way. :cheers:

TheFixer

Two Stroke
Very nicely done! The M-bars and red grips are bad a**! The Lucas lights tie it all nicely. Enjoy the ride!

+1 thanks for you service - Welcome home :usa:

six by six

Two Stroke
Thanks for the support. Yes, it's good to be home. I was only there for 7 months though. I appreciate the good comments on the bike. A lot of sweat, cursing and beer went into it. I'm trying to figure out what to do next. Maybe a black headlight bucket?

Craigore

TT Racer
I sell those mirrors all day long at my job. They're awesome. I was using them for a while also. Best $10 ever spent.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Good lookin' Bonnie! Next go-round might be new suspension pieces. it was like night & day for me with new suspenders.

pepper

Street Tracker
That's a nice bike 6, good job man. That seat is a great look and I think a black headlight bucket would add a bit of balance and depth now that mention it...

ge-or-ge

Scooter
Never done

that's a cool bike, but they are never done!

That's so true, if it were done, that's the end of the fun.

Really like the Ruby Red color, not sure I ever saw one before...

I just put some fork boots on and it was a really simple add on. I think they would look good on your biike.

It's a few weeks away yet, but Happy Veteran's Day. We really do appreciate you!

geo.

six by six

Two Stroke
Yeah I'd love to throw some fork boots on. Problem is I don't have a jack or anything to lift the front end. The kandy apple red was only out for a couple of years. Mine's an 04. I haven't seen any others either. Not a lot of Bonnies where I live anyway. My bike rarely gets this clean also. Staying hardcore is tough.