19T Front Sprocket

aleonet100

Two Stroke
Due to the beautiful mid fifties day here in South Eastern PA I finally got to take the bike out with the new 19T front sprocket. What a huge improvement! Through out the gear range I finally feel like I’m shifting when I want to shift, not when the engine wanted to shift. The mph seems much better matched to what gear I’m in. Cruising along at 55 mph and I still had a gear left! It didn’t feel like I was ringing out each gear before the shift happened. 65 mph was sitting at about 3500 rpm with plenty left to go. And down shifting to accelerate at those speeds was very smooth.

This along with the weather and a new set of Avons made for a very pleasant, 14 days to go before spring, ride.

BTW, moved up from an 18T. Really surprised at the difference.

78gold

Two Stroke
19t

Mate,
Glad to hear that,
I am about to put the same on my 2007 Bonnie and hope I get the same results.
We are currently in Autumn and its a bit wet but hope to have fitted by Sat as I am heading off on a weekender. Approx 300 to 400 miles.
Stay safe

DandyDoug

750cc
I swapped to a 19t front sprocket when I lived in FL. thought I's go back to the 18 after moving back to NC. never did. I enjoy listeneing to my Staintunes sing as I row through the gear box in the mountains:cheers:

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
Changing sprockets is definitely a compromise. Swapped out my stock 18T for a 19T counter sprocket, thinking I would like the lower RPMs at cruising speeds. It made a difference of about 500 less RPMs on the highway. It also made for slower take-offs and less engine braking... which I hated. Switched back to the 18T very soon after. :ride:

cafenoir900

VENDOR
I've gone that route, too, only higher. 19t counter to 40t rear. With some engine tuning on my Thruxton, this makes the ideal set up for me. I'm not sure others would like it, though. Mileage (with fairing) 60+ mpg, and very long legs.

Rhodie

Street Tracker
Got to agree lower -like 16T- is more fun.
But if mileage, fuel & long journeys are a must, then 19T is GTG.

cafenoir900

VENDOR
Yup, just a matter of what you do, or don't. I'm not much of a wheelie type, but I do like long trips... PA to Miami, Atlanta, Savannah, Houston, etc. With the mods I've made to the engine intake, exhaust, ignition, I sometimes wonder what the stock or lower gearing would feel like now. Anyway, I no longer look for 6th.

scottslob

Scooter
when i first got my bike i thought for sure id make that swap, but I have found that i prefer to cruise my bike at 4000 instead of 3500. just feels right.

henrys

Street Tracker
There's a few stretches of highway where I'm running 85-90. Man that motor is humming with an 18T (I've had it at 5k for a while). Combine that with the straight through emgo shorties it sounds like its going to blow any second haha. I'm really considering switching to a 19T. Secretly I wish it had a 6 speed :(

rmiles

Scooter
19t

There's a few stretches of highway where I'm running 85-90. Man that motor is humming with an 18T (I've had it at 5k for a while). Combine that with the straight through emgo shorties it sounds like its going to blow any second haha. I'm really considering switching to a 19T. Secretly I wish it had a 6 speed :(

Man I agree with that!For highway riding the bike is in need of a (6) gear.So most of the time I stay to the back roads.

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
I actually liked the 19 tooth, Fla is so straight. But putting a 150 rear tire on the stock rear rim, along with the 19 was a little too much so back to the 18 it was:up:

loxpump

Rocker
I've got an 18 tooth sprocket ready to go on. Is it really easy? What's the process like?

Very easy process. Big socket, breaker bar and step hard on the rear brake. Don't forget to straighten out the lock washer that is bent against the nut first. You'll also have to loosen the rear wheel nut to move the adjusters in to slacken the chain. Slide off the old and slide on the new sprocket.

Skeeter

Rocker
Yo dude! Live in Harlesyville...and work in Philly. Two words for you: Headquarters Road.

i do believe i know what road youre talkin about. my best freind lives in lansdale but sold out and got rid of his bonnie. maybe he sold it to you? black lowered bonnie?

dschief

750cc
You PA guys ever ride to Vansant Airfield? (I hope I spelled the name right) I ride up there with a bunch of my 2-stroke riding buddies about once a year.