Most stupid thing you have done while riding

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
"...that I banged my head on the kick-start.."

Thats just awesome.... please tell me it started.

Gentlemen, I think we have a winner...

Last edited:

Grimble1

Scooter
1. At 15 I tried to start my 250 Triumph Trailblazer, so putting all my weight into it, and found that it was still in gear. The bike popped up out from underneath me straight into my sisters white Acadian. I promptly tried to wipe as much of the black tire marks from the front quarter panel, jumped on the bike, got it started and took off. No one was the wiser but I was very red-faced.
2. On the same bike I was racing through a freshly ploughed field, my brother up ahead on his 80cc yamaha. To scare him I planned on coming up behind really fast and pass him close. He heard me coming and turned his head, hit a rut, flew off his bike right in front of me. I swerved and barely missed him but ran square over his bike. I could of killed the kid. (his bike was fine)

mrt202

Street Tracker
I went for a ride here yesterday morning...before the sun had a chance to melt most of the ice off the roads. You know, cabin fever. Anyhow, it was uneventful and i had decided to run by the movie theater to see if it was open. As i approached the entrance/ ticket booth area...i slowed to a snails pace and began looking at the front of the building for signs that they were open. Next thing i know, i'm staring straight at the sky. :chair:Doh! The area directly in front of the theater was a solid sheet of perfectly camouflaged ice. Stupid shadow! You can imagine the dance as i tried to right my 600 pound bike while still on a sheet of ice, not to mention i was dressed like the Michelin man! I did manage to get back on and after checking my facultys, started her up and danced it back onto actual blacktop. That's when i noticed two theater employees behind their tinted glass staring at me. WTF? It took me a couple of minutes to get upright again, and those pricks never even poked their heads out to ask if i was ok... if i was a lesser man, i'd be tempted to sue them just for spite. But it was my dumbass fault really for riding when there was a likelihood of hitting ice somewhere. Only real damage besides my ego is a bent foot control bar. Less than $50.00 to fix that.

I did go back later... in the cage, and saw Avatar. Great flick! :popcorn:I was too embarrassed to admit it was me that busted my ass out front earlier...

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
1. At 15 I tried to start my 250 Triumph Trailblazer, so putting all my weight into it, and found that it was still in gear. The bike popped up out from underneath me straight into my sisters white Acadian. )

Hey hey, another Canuck welcome...I have the T25T and T25SS and I owned a '81 gold Acadian...what are the odds...

PS...The bikes should be up for sale in the next several months...

cafenoir900

VENDOR
I am surprised I have not read one like this... left the house one morning to do a couple quick errands, signaled left for a turn, came to a stop for oncoming traffic, no problem... space opened up, started into the turn and the bike died... dropped it in the turn in front of an oncoming car... don't forget to turn the *$@#^!& petcock on! Felt like a genuine idiot lifting the bike and pushing it to the road side.

Nick Morey

Rocker
I found it's better not to fiddle or otherwise diddle with my petcock... unless I run out of gas that is! Sorry, couldn't resist.

Rocker

Two Stroke
I am surprised I have not read one like this...
signaled left for a turn, came to a stop for oncoming traffic, no problem... ... dropped it in the turn in front of an oncoming car... don't forget to turn the *$@#^!& petcock on! QUOTE] :huh:

Maybe everyone else that did this got run over LOL :cya:

Jhtjon

Street Tracker
Forgetting to put my side stand down while getting off the bike in the Deal's Gap Parking lot (with 400 bikes in it)

....DUHHHH!!

drlapo

Hooligan
holding on to a sparkplug, still connectd to a Bultaco when my "friend" Mike said "hold this"
catching a tossed ignition condenser

Shiner

Scooter
unfamiliar with riding a 2002 BMW LT, it has heated grips and heated seats. Not knowing the seat was turned on full blast I was riding South through Cincinnati on I-75 standing on the pegs as my ass was on fire and could not pull over.