another CB750 project ..

Bonafide

NBR founder
After getting my second quarterly insurance coupon, reminding how freaking expensive it is to own a Ducati ... I sold that bitch - most riki-tiki. I loved riding the Ducati and just staring at it, but damn if it doesnt live up to the analogy of 'owning one is like dating an Italian supermodel ... expensive'. She had to go.

Before it was even gone, I found another CB750 to fill it's void. Yeah to $37 a YEAR for full coverage. :)

This one will end up being a wee bit less extreme than the 76 CB750SS aka black betty screamer turn out that I'm currently enjoying twisting the piss out of.
GF laughed when I pulled up on this thing. It gave me thoughts of Pulp Fiction ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVSJ8kyfMIE

It's pretty much a solid ride - just needs a few things looked after - front brakes feel like mash potatoes kind of stuff.
Otherwise, I'll just be swapping parts out to suit my taste over it's current config - like removing those +6 forks for one thing.

72cb_4_09.jpg

72cb_2_09.jpg

All tucked away for now with some of the other kids ..

72cb_3_09.jpg

D9

Vendor
Looks like a pretty clean machine as CBs of that vintage go... good score!
Looking forward to seeing the restoration unfold...

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
Wow - surprised to hear you ditched the Duc...the thrill wasn't worth the price, eh?

I like it this CB. From the pictures it looks to be almost totally corrosion free.Yeah, those forks are too much,makes you wonder....

Bonafide

NBR founder
Sal .. I loved the Duc, but I refuse to pay $900 a yr for insurance on ONE bike that's only worth $9k.
It was a lesson in life learnt; price your insurance BEFORE you buy.

Bonafide

NBR founder
parts, parts, and more parts ...

Getting together all the parts I want for the fall/winter makeover.

New forks ...

cb72_parts4.jpg

Test fitting the rear sets ..

cb72_parts6.jpg

The low rise clip ons ... still not sure I'll use them on this one. Might just go with some Super bars or Drag bars.

cb72_parts5.jpg

New seat and freshly painted parts - just test fitting.

72cb750_2_09.jpg

nohawk

Rocker
Very good start to whats goona be a good bike, no doubt. But I gotta know where you got the new seat. Did you have it made using the stock seat pan or is it an aftermarket item?

Bonafide

NBR founder
The seat is a reproduction Giuliari - made by a fella out California. He makes them specifically for the CBs and it bolts right on, no mods.

Goin-Commando

Street Tracker
How bout them custom headlight mounts huh, some Iron cross mirrors, a tall sissy bar, some finned engine covers and this thing would be bitchin...
Cool bike Dude, looks like you've got some newer than 71-72 carbs on it. :c

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
I know its a bit off topic but I just now caught up withan old buddy who has a Monster and he can't ride it now because, for a tire and 6k sevice its $1400!!

Whats the 6k service on an old CB cost? Probably adjust the chain and change the oil -$100.