yeah ... a bit of progress on my CB750

Bonafide

NBR founder
When I turn wrenches, it looks like a monkey humping a coconut, but I still love to dream I can. Bought this bike with the hopes it would be done this past winter. Who was I kidding? At least it's still moving fwded. I got the tank/seat/side covers back from the painter ... damn thing looks wet. :worthy:

From this ...

Photo_012408_001.jpg

Getting test fitted with it's new metal.

76cb750F.jpg

New paint.

tank_paint.jpg

BTW, D9 made me a set of brackets and cups for the mini gauges I had for it.

gauge1.jpg

DavidC

Rocker
Looks good, Bonafide! Someone else just scored a '77 Yamaha 650; I think those cool 70's Jap bikes are entrenching themselves as collectables more now than ever. With few exceptions, including retro Triumphs, what's out there for the road largely are sport style bikes and cruisers.
Ahhh, those Japanese! And to think my old man spent the entire war trying to kill them.

kinky stunt

Street Tracker
As Chico would say, "Look-een Gooood!"

Are CB's as ubiquitous everywhere else as they are in San Francisco?
In my neighborhood alone there are at least 10 or 12. Most are a bit on the rusty side but they are obviously still being ridden. There are a couple of beauties like The Dude's. I'll take some pix someday, one is parked on a hill where Bullitt was filmed.
Back to my querry: Are there lots of old Honda CBs in other areas?

Attachments

• chicoandthemanfreddieprinze.jpg
    chicoandthemanfreddieprinze.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
Thanks guys ... it's slow coming. Trying to get Thrux-ton-up to wave his magic wand over it while saying "pookie-pookie" .. :)

Kinky Stunt - you dont see all that many around here - even at the larger common motorcycle gathering places. I actually see more vintage Brit bikes than the CBs.

OS - It's a 76 Supersport.

DavidC

Rocker
I see 'em here in central NJ every now and then, usually ridden by someone who looks like they've had it forever [green sweater and K-Mart open face helmet:)], but hell, you don't throw those things away, right? I mean the bike, not the sweater or helmet.

Yeah mine was supersport too. The 75 I learned on had a blacked out engine, that's the only difference I can see though.
How far off being street legal is it?

MOSES

750cc
There's a few around here. Most of them are hidden away in garages but there's always a bunch on Dallas craigslist..

D9

Vendor
Goddamn, the paint is gorgeous...!

Bike's gonna be incredible... can't wait to see it finished.

When I turn wrenches, it looks like a monkey humping a coconut, but I still love to dream I can. Bought this bike with the hopes it would be done this past winter. Who was I kidding? At least it's still moving fwded. I got the tank/seat/side covers back from the painter ... damn thing looks wet. :worthy:

New paint.

tank_paint.jpg

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Thanks guys ... it's slow coming. Trying to get Thrux-ton-up to wave his magic wand over it while saying "pookie-pookie" .. :)

hmmm..... you must not have gotten the memo from GF:shh:, Apparently the CB has been moved to the back burner.....:huh: at least until I do the work on her bike. :wave:

p.s. how much you have to spend on parts for this ride? I love spending other peoples money, gives my credit card a break :hurt:.