New exhaust system

strokerlmt

It was sweatmachine/Jeff's great idea. He said with the lower rails gone do a 2 to 2 high exhaust system to slim the bike down. I only have one U header pipe so I messed with scrambler headers I had for a 2 to 1 high.
Performance is great, steady pull through all gears.
The single dominator sounds great.
I do NOT like the 2 headers, they are to long.
I think cut off headers where the spark plugs are and do a single 2 inch pipe to the muffler.
Thoughts ?
LMT
PS need to get mod side covers still
and
Did the ton ++++++ today no vibes, wobbles and did not vaporize without the lower rails during re entry.

Attachments

• IMG_5954.jpg
    IMG_5954.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
I haven't been keeping up, sorry. Is there an advantage aside from weight to loosing the lower frame rails?
BTW, like the look of the exhaust.

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
The more I look at your bike, the more I really like it. I'm thinking I may have to someday trade my vintage Bonnie for a late model Bonnie. After I'm through playing with it.

D9

Vendor
Lach, love this latest iteration... everything pulling together... great work :rocks:

strokerlmt

Looking good, LMT! You must have an epic stash of parts.

Have not spent any money on the bike for 8-9 months, I have traded and swapped and done my own work. As I have said it is therapy for me. I have a huge pile of bits in the garage so if any NBRer needs something ask and I will check.
LMT

strokerlmt

the shorter the headers,the less torque you get on the 2into1 systems,so go easy.

Rodburner, I rode up to Ragged Point this PM and she did well. I was thinking about the exhaust flow if I cut everything bac to far. I just don't like the way it looks so I am working on a heat shield out of copper to hide the long header pipes.
LMT