"Best" Year of Bonneville T100

Personally, I like the earlier bikes with the 790 engine. The 865s have better low end torque, but the 790s are screamers on the top, relatively speaking.

I understand what you are saying, and that is one of the reasons I think I will be considering a cam change and some head work eventually. My hope would be to retain most of the low end and open up the top. I haven't ridden much for a while, so I don't think this will be a problem at first.

Clark, thanks for the tip. I defenitely prefer metal. I suppose that with enough determination the metal ones could probably be mounted. Another thing to keep in mind though.

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Maybe KISS.....keep it simple. Looked for a good used low mileage whether carb or efi and get the best buy. You seem to want to make mods so just something in great shape and work from there.
LMT

champ7fc

Scooter
My vote is for a 2007, I own a 2007 Bonnie black from new and have had 0 problems with the bike. Hope you find a good one, these are just excellent motorcycles. CFM

9mmMike

Scooter
Tank Badges & stuff

I have a '10 T100 Black with the "bloated tank" and plastic badges. It is a good reliable bike. It is stock and will likely stay that way. I like it very much.
I have an '08 Scrambler that I put an '07 Thrux tank (painted silver) on with the screw-on metal badges and I love the look. It is hard to objectively call it "better" but I really like the older bikes. This bike has the painted tank, Arrow 2:1 and re-jet, Rentec rack, Moose Racing bars, folding shifter and will soon have new rear shocks and some aluminum wheels. If I ever buy a Thruxton, it will be an older model. I just "feel" better tinkering with an older, used bike but that's probably just me.
Both of my bikes are quite nice though and I don't think I'd trade for either one....well maybe for that Thruxton...ha!