Triumph Thunderbird minus Triumph?

As some of you are aware I recently purchased a T/bird 900 motor from the States to OZ.
It docked last week and I collected it yesterday. What is weird (to me anyway) is that the cover above foot brake, tho identical to that on my other T/bird engine. Does not have TRIUMPH shown on it?
Could anyone tell me why this is?

Is same on this googled one on my bike. But the Triumph logo is missing on US exported engine

2439965310100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:

R.Hawks

Two Stroke
What year is the one with the logo ? I know that the 2004 T-Brid Sport doesn't have it. (in the states anyway)

Both the bike and engine are not T/bird sports. Bike itself with logo is 1995 standard 900 and engine purchased without logo is 1996 standard. It does appear that if the T/bird sport had the cover with no logo on side. Then the previous owner must have replaced it for some reason. Can anyone confirm that it was just the T/bird sport that came without logo on cover In U.S Anyway.

2361478330100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

2580674690100875198S600x600Q85.jpg

Last edited:
Thats a very impressive link you found. Thouroughly enjoyed that. Nice find
I for some reason could not open the 1996 catalogue with adobe. But the front picture def does show the Triumph logo on cover (Pic attached below)

1996-cat-triumph.jpg
1996-cat-triumph-abb.jpg

2001-flyer-triumph-2.jpg

Last edited:
keep getting " the adobe acrobat reader installed cannot open. Please install adobe 9 or 10"
I then go to adobe web site and try to install 10 and get message " ERROR: This Version is already installed on your computer" ?

Dont spose there is any chance of showing some of pics on here for me?

dschief

750cc
The 3 1998 T-Bird's I know of do not have Triumph on the cover. Are the covers on yours chrome? The pics make them look like brushed aluminum, and all the covers I have seen on T-Birds are chrome. I do seem to remember an accesory cover that had the logo, but I never bought one. Why spend the extra money for only a logo?

Covers are brushed aluminium. And you may have resolved my issue. The bike I bought with blown engine, already had the cover with the logo, so I can easily swap over at no cost. But what I was not sure of was why the engine I purchased from the States never had it. I thought they may have dropped bike and replaced cover. But it is starting to seem that as a factory bike the cover was minus the logo. What was confusing me tho was that every 900 T/bird I googled did show logo on this model.
success also opening that pdf file YIPPEE. I just uninstalled adobe and re installed it. Have added that link to favourites REALLY AWESOME STUFF!

Last edited: