How old and how many years have you been riding?

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Started at 13, 59 now. 46 years of riding. I had skills in my wasted youth, but preferred going places like Canada twice (about ten years apart) back and forth from SoCal to Colorado many times on Beemers and Harleys. Been up Pikes Peaks twice, Mt Evans once. Crashed on Berthoud pass. Been over Rolllins pass (an old Train bed) when it was still open to traffic. Great experiences. I'm older now and don't want to get wet, cold, snowed on or hot. Been there and done that. I'm fair weather all the way now and don't put the miles on that I used to but I don't care. When I ride I enjoy it even if I know my skills are diminished.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Started at 13, 59 now. 46 years of riding. I had skills in my wasted youth, but preferred going places like Canada twice (about ten years apart) back and forth from SoCal to Colorado many times on Beemers and Harleys. Been up Pikes Peaks twice, Mt Evans once. Crashed on Berthoud pass. Been over Rolllins pass (an old Train bed) when it was still open to traffic. Great experiences. I'm older now and don't want to get wet, cold, snowed on or hot. Been there and done that. I'm fair weather all the way now and don't put the miles on that I used to but I don't care. When I ride I enjoy it even if I know my skills are diminished.

^ what he said. :D

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
Started at nine, on my cousin's left over Allstate Moped. Moved up to an Allstate 125 (wish I had it back!) and never looked back. Had about two dozen motors, from an SRX to an old wheezing Pan Head. I'll be 63 the 2nd of July. One my favorites is still the CB1100. A cruise missile if there ever was one! Mike

mrt202

Street Tracker
I'm 39. Started riding a hand-me-down Suzuki Trailhopper 50 on my own at 8 yrs old. Got my first (and only) brand new bike at 9 years old. A 1981 Yamaha MX100, which i still have 30 years later, and it still starts first kick!
Moved on to three wheelers, then four wheelers, then rail buggies, then 4x4s and THEN got my first street bike in 1992. A 1977 750 four F. Had to sell it when my first child was born and didn't ride again until i bought my America in 2005. It's an '02 model that had 800 miles on it when i got it. I've put nearly 70000 up to this point and have no plans to park it or sell it in the foreseeable future.

Yes, it's a slow day at work so i'm rambling... My bad!

TXRider60

Scooter
How Old?

I'm 69-- which means I may have posted a response to this thread earlier (when I was a little younger)... Bought my first new motorcycle in 1967, and have probably owned two dozen of assorted flavors since then. Currently have the 2009 Bonnie and a 1983 BMW R65. Commute a couple of days a week, and get in as much weekend riding as I can.

Mike Britton

Two Stroke
TXRider60,
Do you find that you enjoy the ride these days more just for the ride?
For several years, my bike was my daily transportation, and I had to ride. Now, I make up excuses to go the two or three miles up to the store just to cruise the neighborhood.
Caught myself going up to the filling station just to fill up the tank. In 100 degree heat! Burning gas to buy more gas!?! It's like when I started on the Mo-Ped. I would bug my family for a reason to go somewhere. Mike

northcountry

Two Stroke
1st bike a triumph cub when 19, be 70 in a few weeks and still enjoy.

tri cub
bsa 441 victor- ice, scrambles, hillclimb
650 bsa rickman metisse frame- scrambles
250 bultaco tt-motocross
360 maico-motocross
harley trike chopper from police service vech.
kawasaki & bsa- pro hillclimb

in stable now-
yamaha tw200
husaberg 550
03 bonne t100
harley dyna superglide (daughters bike but she favors the bonne, so pop takes the harley when we ride.)

bonZa

Street Tracker
started riding at 20 and will turn 57 next month

first bike Honda 750 then bought a brand new Triumph T140 in 1976 when I saw an ad for Triumph that featured a Billy Idol looking Punk rocker type astride a bonneville, and after falling off my Honda a few times that did it for me, but during the family years in the 80' onwards got into trail bikes, now back on a Bonneville past few years

LA_Geezer

Scooter
Started riding at 14 and will turn 67 in December.

Of course, I did not ride continuously as I noted in my introduction. I stopped riding at 17 as a result of moving and did not resume until age 62. I presently own a Honda VLX and a 2011 Speedmaster.

timnak

moped
never been on a bike until I was 52. quit my job (30 years), took a course and bought a bonnie black. I've ridden 9,784 kilometers. I'm 54 now. better late than never I guess.

ricc45

moped
Started riding at 19 first bike ridden a Norton 650 that a friend had. 1st owned a 69 tr6c triumph 650. Got a sportster then an 76 electra gluide, had kids quit riding (still have the electra gluide) bought a honda VTX 1300 three years ago because gas prices going up and just got a 07 America a month ago because I always wanted my old Triumph back and this deal came along. I'm 57 next week and I'm glad to be back on some British iron!

strokerlmt

How did I miss this thread. 61 years old started when I was 15 riding my uncles Honda Dream, then his Honda 305, then my piece of shit ring ding a ding blue smokin Suzuki, then 69 Bonneville, 74 CB 350, CB 450, Elsinora 250 then a long brake to my 03/04 T-100, 69 850 Commando, crossed to the dark side for 2 years with an R1150R BMW sold all except the T-100 and now have 2 new Bonneville engines, couple frames and a shit load of parts.
LMT

qwenzel

Two Stroke
I'm 60 years young, one day I'll grow up. I've been riding since I was 18. Lost count of the bikes I've had.

hankmarx

750cc
I am 46, bought my first bike in 2000, a Ural Solo. So I guess I bought my first real bike in 2007, the Bonneville. :headbang2:

Lone Trumpet

Street Tracker
I'm 52. Grew up riding mini bikes and dirt bikes. Bought my first street legal bike when I was 14. However, I wasn't actually street legal until age 15. Stopped riding to raise a family and basically couldn't afford a bike from around age 21 until age 41.

Z

Zita

I'm 44. Got my licence at 43 & bought the Bonnie the following day!! :cheer:(been wanting to do so for the past ten years but just didn't have the time to take the damn licence)
11'000 miles on the odometre & ain't about to stop !! :ride: