cams cams cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete R

Banned
NOTE TO THE DUDE.

I posted a thread about my cams getting ground over at triumphrat.net and it got removed because of a link which led to a forum which had 813 cam specs on it. I don't know if it's an issue here or not...and I know a lot of guys would be interested in it so I left it in this reply. You do what ya gotta do Dude

Bonafide

NBR founder
NOTE TO THE DUDE.

I posted a thread about my cams getting ground over at triumphrat.net and it got removed because of a link which led to a forum which had 813 cam specs on it. I don't know if it's an issue here or not...and I know a lot of guys would be interested in it so I left it in this reply. You do what ya gotta do Dude

Yeah Pete ... it's a big deal. Apparently, you havent figured out what you're doing .. or you dont think it's that's big of a deal .. or you dont care.

You purchased an item that had proprietary properties, COPIED IT, then thought it would be cool to spread said proprietary info. NOT COOL. Matter of fact ... kinda makes you a douche-bag. Kinda .. nah, it's a definite .. you violated forum rules. In a big illegal kind of way.

Yall say bye to Pete.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Boofhead, you sure you want to be a conduit for this guy? If I wanted him to have the ability to spread his BS on this site, then he would still have access here.

Prat ban stuff that talks about comparisons using companies, they have as sponsors. But this is a first from you Dude

What Pete R said was not bullshit and is interesting stuff. And nothing said was copied. They were his own that were ground, Comparisons are easy to find and IMO relevant

Sorry Dude dont understand this at all.

Yeah Pete ... it's a big deal. Apparently, you havent figured out what you're doing .. or you dont think it's that's big of a deal .. or you dont care.

You purchased an item that had proprietary properties, COPIED IT, then thought it would be cool to spread said proprietary info. NOT COOL. Matter of fact ... kinda makes you a douche-bag. Kinda .. nah, it's a definite .. you violated forum rules. In a big illegal kind of way.

Yall say bye to Pete.

Forgive my ignorance but is not the same, or at least a very similar, thing being done right here on this thread:-

http://www.newbonnevilleriders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6993

A thread that you made a sticky. Is the genuine Triumph service manual not copyrighted (ie: proprietary) information just as you say the TPUSA 813 cam specs were? PeteR did not seek to benefit monetarily from the information he linked to either, he was giving it away freely just like the poster in the above thread is giving away the manual freely.

If this is not a double standard being applied I'm all ears for the explanation as to why.

Just want to see a fellow Aussie get a fair go is all.

mikenva

Rocker
Are guys saying it ok for a guy to rob someones design then get another company to make it then put that guys spec out so the world can copy it ? If thats how your morals go .You guys are as bad as he is.I agree with the dude .

Just want to see a fellow Aussie get a fair go is all.
Maybe you guys need to come up with your own ideas and spend the time and money testing them and not copy someone elses.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
Look here ... you guys want to start an argument about the nuances of the law from country to country, take your crap elsewhere. The Triumph manual is disseminated BY Triumph. Maybe your should look up a truer definition of the word proprietary .. here, let me help your dumb ass, it means trade secret. I dont need to post all the information gathered during my investigation to prove to you or explain things to you.

A dont give a shit that he's an Aussie or a Zimbabwean. His origin of birth has NOTHING to do with this and if you (or anyone else) throw that in my face again .. OR send me an email with smacks of how this is a country bias thing, I'll end your countries IP codes from even viewing this website. Fuckers.

Here's the bottom line: I own this forum. My sandbox. My rules. I pay the electric bills. Dont like my management actions? Jog on.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
The way I read it, Pete had gone to some guy who is in the business of grinding cams. And said guy told Pete about his special "Super Grind X9700" or whatever it was called. Then Pete does a little research and finds that the 813 grind is real close, shows his guy, and the guy tells him about what the little difference is. Then Pete shares the 813 grind with us, AND what the difference is between that and the X9700, thus in essence divulging the guy's custom grind that he uses to make a living. That was the proprietary part.

And Pete may not have even thought it through, but after being called once on it on t-rat, instead of thinking it through, he runs over here and just does the same thing again.

So the Dude decided that was too close to underhanded for him to abide. End of story.

But the important thing to remember is that this is the Dude's house, the Dude's rules. He can be as double standard as he wants and doesn't have to justify squat. We're all here at his pleasure, on his dime. And by and large it's a pretty darn nice house, IMHO.

Now, back to the BOOBIES!!!

Last edited:

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
What boobies? Did I miss something?

OK, thanks for the info. Peter R. seemed like a nice enough guy. I suppose cams are some black magic as opposed to carbs, fuel maps or suspension. Maybe they have their own copyrights and patents. That never occurred to me,so maybe like you say Pete did not think it through to that point.
Maybe.

But I really hope that there is more to it. I think their must be. We have guys meeting up for rides,sharing pictures, trading or even giving each other parts and help. I met up with some forum members in person, including from Australia. Half way around the world and then we meet up for diner and some beer, seeing the sights. I'd hate to think I ( or you, or any of us) could go from member to banned douchebag in one ill thought out post without any warning.

Last edited:

Bonafide

NBR founder
I'd hate to think I ( or you, or any of us) could go from member to banned douchebag in one ill thought out post without any warning.

Or maybe he was already a douche-bag, perpetrating himself as something else? Think about it. And do you really think I just slammed dunked someone without cause? Not my style. Maybe he (or you) didnt expect my reaction would be so severe ... but you had to expect me to react.

I will always suggest forum users read the forum rules before jumping in the pit. They're pretty much online with the industry standard. Violating the rules and then trying to distract your actions with the actions of others? That crap wont work on me.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.